About the role
Established in 2011 by the Sisters of the Good Samaritan, the mission of Good Samaritan Education (GSE) is to sustain and nurture our Catholic schools as Good Samaritan Benedictine communities of learning.
GSE is responsible for the governance of ten incorporated Catholic schools located in Queensland, New South Wales and Victoria. The schools work collaboratively with the members of GSE in developing students who will engage with today’s world as grounded, hope-filled young people who are equipped to lead wisely, to listen deeply and to treat their neighbour and their environment with justice, love and the compassion of Christ.
GSE, in partnership with its school communities, provides a range of formation opportunities to those in governance and senior leadership roles.
Located in Glebe, Sydney and reporting to the Governing Council, the executive director administers the GSE office and exercises strategic leadership and professional support to the GSE community.
Additionally you will:
- Contribute to informed decision making and implement GSE’s goals and objectives as set out in its Statutes
- Oversee implementation of the strategic plan
- Work collaboratively with the Director of Formation and Director of Finance and Resources
- Integrate the mission of GSE into the life of the organisation
- Steward the resources and mission of GSE
- Provide support and pastoral care to those involved in governance
You have developed your executive career in senior leadership positions within education, church related entities, or like-minded institutions and bring with you a deep understanding of and commitment to faith in the Catholic tradition.
Additionally you are able to demonstrate successful experience in:
- Strategic planning, budget development and financial management
- Corporate and/or canonical governance structures and experience working with a board
- Leading and managing staff
- Communicating effectively with a wide range of people both orally and in writing
- Managing resources
If you’re passionate about shaping the future of Good Samaritan Education and transforming lives through education, please submit your expression of interest EOI (resume and cover letter responding to the skills required section above) with any further questions you may have. If your EOI is relevant we will then contact you directly to discuss further.
Due to the significant increase in enquiries due to the COVID-19 crisis we are unable to take calls at this stage.
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: Executive Director via Pro Bono Australia.