About the role
- Leading Not-For-Profit Organisation
- Make a powerful impact on Domestic and family violence
- Fixed-term contract – 12 months – Full-time
- Based in Sydney City or Parramatta
- Salary 82,000 plus super and Salary packaging benefits available
We are looking for a talented individual with experience in the area of family domestic violence to join us as Family Domestic Violence Support Worker -Male Service for our Family Advocacy Support Service (FASS) program based at Sydney or Parramatta Family Courts.
In this hand on, client focused role you’ll make a powerful difference to people, families and communities across New South Wales.
In this role you will provide high quality trauma informed casework and support to male clients. The program is targeted to support those men currently engaged with the Family Court system and who are either affected by family violence or who have allegations of family violence against them.
The service is funded by Legal Aid NSW who aims to deliver a range of support services and interventions for men who have experienced DFV.
Some of the role responsibilities are as follows:
- Provide high-quality support and trauma-informed case work to men affected by family violence;
- provide information, advocacy and court support before, during and after court, as needed;
- Conduct risk assessment and safety planning for men who have experienced family violence;
- Provide referrals in relation to client’s social needs, and case coordination in relation to those services;
- Work collaboratively with a multidiscipline team including;
- The role can either work from the Sydney or Parramatta court.
Who we are looking for?
- Tertiary qualifications in Social Work, Social welfare, Psychology, Humanities or equivalent knowledge and experience working in these areas;
- Sound understanding of the dynamics of family violence and its disproportionate impact on women and children, along with understanding the complexities of working with men who use violence and the ability to avoid reinforcing attitudes that promote family violence especially where men use violence and present themselves as the primary victim;
- Excellent client management skills including an ability to work with clients in a trauma-informed way;
- Experience with and understanding of the legal process as it relates to Commonwealth family law, State family violence and State child protection jurisdictions as well as related social welfare issues;
- and Ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships with key partners, particularly Legal Aid NSW duty lawyers, Women’s Domestic Violence Court Advocacy Services (WDVCASs), Family Law Courts registry, security, judicial officers and other service providers in each registry.
About the organisation
Why work with us?
- Help RANSW to develop a strong brand that reaches people who need our help the most to make a difference in their lives
- be part of something bigger: Last year alone, our people delivered over
- 56,000 client sessions across New South Wales
- Support and be supported: Work alongside people who truly care about
- what you achieve together and how you grow as a team
- Never be bored: new day, new challenge: Enjoy diverse, interesting
- work that will challenge and reward you professionally and personally
We enjoy salary packaging and several non-salary benefits that have been designed to assist in our personal and career growth and wellbeing. Other benefits include:
- Up to 5 additional leave days per year (pro-rata), to be used
- between Christmas and New Year, and on your Birthday
- Comprehensive Wellness Strategy including a focus on
- reducing our organisational footprint on the environment,
- Fitness Passport, annual flu vaccinations and our Employee Assistance Programs
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Family Violence Support Worker – Male Services via Pro Bono Australia.