About the role
- Maximum Term Part-Time Contract
- Based in Harris Park
- Salary Packaging & Other Exciting Benefits Available
We are seeking suitably qualified and experienced Group Worker Practitioner to facilitate group work with a person centred, trauma informed, strengths based approach. In engaging with the community to promote the services to clients and stakeholders, you will support the multi-disciplinary Wattle Place team to deliver high quality services through the stages of the group work process.
For this 3 day per week position, maximum term contract to June 2021, the annual base salary range is $43,401 – $48,358 (3 days a week part time). The salary will be negotiated with the successful candidate being dependent on their level of experience, training and qualifications. In addition to the base salary, there is the employers contribution (9.5%) to superannuation, leave loading (17.5%) and we offer salary packaging.
About the team
You will be working within an agile team collaborating closely with the Manager and Team Leader at Wattle Place. We’re interested in hearing from you if you possess a combination of:
- Minimum 3 years post graduate experience in providing group programs for people who have experienced trauma
- Experience managing dynamics in groups where participants have complex trauma
- Formal graduate qualifications in Social Work, Psychology or other relevant disciplines.
- Understanding of trauma informed care principles.
- Ability to provide quality group interventions that are person centred, trauma informed, and strength based.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, and relationship building skills – builds connection and empathy quickly
About the organisation
Why Relationships Australia?
We've been here since 1948 and are one of largest secular organisations in Australia providing professional services to support relationships. Relationships Australia NSW believes everyone is entitled to positive, supportive and healthy relationships.
Our work is centred on building strong family relationships and community connections. As a leading independent nonprofit organisation, we focus on those in greatest need, and we conduct our work with respect for difference and social inclusiveness.
Diversity and Inclusion Statement RANSW is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and recognises the importance of attracting the right people for the right job. We are actively seeking to increase the diversity of our team and encourage applications from people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, the LGBTQI+ community, people living with disability/ies. In the interests of gender diversity, we encourage men to apply. RANSW is committed to creating opportunities for
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples. This is a core part of our Reconciliation Action Plan. Australia's First Peoples are encouraged to apply for this role.
How to apply
Please apply with your responses to the criteria and relevant resume information.
PLEASE NOTE: ONCE YOU START YOUR ONLINE APPLICATION, YOU CANNOT SAVE AND RETURN TO IT AT A LATER POINT.
You may wish to prepare your responses in a Word document. You can then COPY and PASTE your answers from Word into the fields.
1. Have your resume and cover letter ready to go.
2. You'll then be prompted to attach your resume and other documents (if applicable). Click 'Next'.
3. Review your application to confirm everything is correct. Click 'Confirm' to submit your application.
This role has no formal closing date, we will review applications as they are received, so we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
Please quote in application: Groupworker via Pro Bono Australia.