About the role
Rare opportunity of a senior role within Family Advocacy. We are on the hunt for an exceptional leader to oversee the work and direction of our initiative, Resourcing Inclusive Communities.
Senior leadership role within a driven, passionate and caring culture
Flexible, supportive and values-based workplace
Travel across New South Wales and interstate
If you are a passionate and committed leader with demonstrated knowledge of contemporary and innovative practices that support the inclusion of people with disability, hold strong strategic leadership and project management skills, consider this senior role.
Take ownership and lead this wonderful initiative as well as oversee a great three-year project focused on improving the employment outcomes of young people with disability across NSW.
This is a top role for the successful candidate who will have the opportunity to create long term impact on the lives of people with disability. Current project within the initiative focuses on employment outcomes for young people with disability. This project will involve managing the deliverables in collaboration with other members of the consortium. This will require knowledge, passion and commitment, leadership and networking skills, project management experience and relationship building capabilities.
We are seeking a passionate person with strong shared values base and commitment to working with families, preferably with lived experience.
What you will be doing
- Strategic leadership and project oversight
- Building the reputation and presence of Resourcing Inclusive Communities
- Building and managing relationships with stakeholders, and expanding reach across the state
- Developing and overseeing content development for events and other platforms
- Promoting, presenting and facilitating webinars, workshops and conferences across NSW
- Staff supervision
Essential Criteria (applications must address each criteria)
- Commitment to the full inclusion of people with disability
- Demonstrated knowledge of contemporary and innovative practice models for people with disability that support
- Knowledge of employment models that support real jobs and real pay for people with disability
- Experience leading an organisation or large project to success
- Project management experience
- Experience in organising, promoting and facilitating workshops, including developing and presenting workshop content
- Experience in building relationships with varying stakeholders
- Demonstrated capability of working with families
- Experience with report and grant writing
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Demonstrated experience with a range of software applications
- Capacity to travel around NSW and interstate
- Capacity to occasionally work weekends and evenings
- Lived experience of disability
- Exposure to Social Role Valorisation
About the organisation
Family Advocacy is a state wide, not for profit disability advocacy organisation that works with families to promote and defend the rights and interests of people who have developmental disability. This is achieved by strengthening the advocacy role and influence of families so that they can speak out with, and on behalf of their own family member, or for people with developmental disability more broadly.
This Management position will carry out the responsibilities of the position in accordance with the philosophy, policy and practices laid down by the Management Committee and in a way which reflects the cultural diversity of the Australian population.
Resourcing Inclusive Communities
Resourcing Inclusive Communities is an initiative of Family Advocacy and works across NSW. We hold the philosophy that people with disability thrive in the heart of the community, sharing the same everyday experiences as their fellow Australians.
We share our vision of social inclusion with the United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD). One of the eight guiding principles of the CRPD outlines that all people with disability have the right to experience full and effective participation and inclusion in society. Resourcing Inclusive Communities works with many allies in the community to support this vision.
We provide information through our online platforms, through events such as webinars, workshops and conferences, we design tailored training, mentoring and supports for external services, develop extensive resources and have a 1800 number that provides support across NSW. We support positive change through working closely with people with disability, their family members, service providers, mainstream services, businesses and the broader community.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Manager-Resourcing Inclusive Communities via Pro Bono Australia.