About the role
The Quality Assurance/Business Analysis (QA/BA) team in Queensland is responsible for the analysis of functional requirements and quality assurance of all new and updated feature implementations for Infoxchange’s client and case management application, referral portals and related web services.
The focus of the QA/BA Lead role is to provide both team and technical leadership. You will support and empower your team members to deliver to the best of their capabilities, and you will be integral in nurturing Infoxchange’s culture of trust, quality, collaboration, high performance and open communication within your team and the wider organisation.
From a technical perspective, you will provide oversight on all aspects of QA/BA, including functional requirements analysis, QA strategy development, test planning and execution, environment management, test automation, defect management (incl. escalation), and post-implementation support. This is a hands-on role where you will actively work with multiple teams to achieve outcomes within acceptable delivery schedules.
You will be responsible for:
- Defining and owning the QA strategy and its implementation within the context of Infoxchange’s client and case management application, referral portals and related web services.
- Collaborating with the QLD Software Development and Application Support teams to ensure all workflows align to the principles, escalation protocols, testing and quality standards as defined in the QA strategy.
- Providing technical expertise in test automation, testing methodologies, testing processes, and appropriate tools.
- Planning and coordinating all relevant activities within the QA/BA team (QLD), including management of risks associated with testing and taking preventative actions for any risks assessed as unacceptable.
- Leading the monitoring and management of Level 2 application support incidents, including defect investigations and identification of areas of improvement. Implement steps required to improve overall escalation processes and workflow.
- Be an escalation point for all urgent matters related to QA and operate as a primary point of contact for Infoxchange’s leadership team.
- Identifying and reporting on appropriate metrics that track the quality of development, and work to continually improve these metrics.
- Participating in key discussions, including project initiation, release planning, and reviews.
- Building the capacity of team members to be able to progressively take on greater responsibilities.
- Managing team members through appropriate techniques, including cultivating trust and respect, communicating openly and honestly, coaching and mentoring, and establishing a framework for professional progression.
- Fostering a culture of cross-skilling and knowledge sharing within team members
- Upholding and advocate for the values, beliefs, and principles as outlined in the Technical Services Team Manifesto
You will have:
Knowledge, experience and skills
To succeed in this role at Infoxchange, you will demonstrate the following:
- Experience with developing and executing QA strategies
- Solid understanding of SDLC
- Extensive experience with exploratory/functional/integration/regression testing within a SaaS-based environment
- Experience in defect management (incl. defining escalation protocols) and reporting
- Experience with RDBMS
- Experience with testing frameworks and tools (e.g. Selenium, Codeception, Postman)
- Experience with designing, implementing & maintaining automation solutions
- Experience leading a team through the use of clear objectives, goals, and expectations
- Able to balance making decisions with providing autonomy for team members to direct their own work
- Able to recruit and retain competent team members that complement the diversity and align to the core values of the Technical Services department
- Able to motivate and empower team members to be the best version of themselves
- Able to leverage technical experience to mentor junior team members
- Able to guide team members towards adopting relevant methodologies/frameworks/tools for performing analysis and testing tasks
- Teamwork: collaborative, supportive, helpful, and celebrate the achievements of others
- Interpersonal skills: ability to build rapport with others, resolve conflict, be empathetic and sensitive to the needs of others
- Ability to motivate, empower, and teach others
- Passionate about solving complex problems
- Able to manage both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Strong written and verbal (including presentation) communication skills
- Energy and passion for the work, sense of fun, and enjoyment for what can be achieved
- Passion for digital transformation of the not-for-profit and community sector
About the organisation
Infoxchange is a not-for-profit social enterprise that has delivered technology for social justice for nearly 30 years. With over 130 staff across Australia and New Zealand we tackle the biggest social challenges through the smart and creative use of technology
We work with community, government and corporate partners to solve family violence, homelessness, mental health and issues facing people with disabilities, the elderly, Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander, Maori and Pasifika communities.
Our products and services are used by 8,800 organisations across the community sector. We provide the right tools to improve efficiency and deliver greater impact – from nation-wide case management and service coordination systems to IT services and advice for individual organisations.
Our community programs focus on digital inclusion – using technology to improve the lives of people experiencing disadvantage, driving social inclusion and creating stronger communities. We believe no-one should be left behind in today’s digital world.
In November 2018, Infoxchange joined forces with Connecting Up to create Australia and New Zealand’s leading not-for-profit dedicated to using technology to improve the lives of people experiencing disadvantage and the organisations that support them.
The integration brings together 150 staff members working to support more than 30,000 not-for- profits and over 2 million people in need each year across Australia and New Zealand.
Connecting Up has become a subsidiary of Infoxchange and will continue to trade as TechSoup New Zealand to serve the not-for-profit sector in New Zealand.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Quality Assurance/Business Analysis Lead via Pro Bono Australia.