About the role
We are looking for a Solution Architect to join us for a 12 month fixed term role (this may be extended). The successful candidate will provide technical leadership and expertise in architecting new platform capabilities through the use of existing and emerging technologies.
You will work closely with the Head of Technology to ensure that individual product strategies and related solution designs align to Infoxchange’s enterprise architecture strategy and broader organisational objectives.
A key focus will be to design distributed, scalable and resilient solutions that meet customer needs, lower costs, and improve overall agility.
What you’ll be working on
Infoxchange owns one of Australia’s largest health and welfare service directories. With over 370,000 service across Australia, the directory has long been central to Infoxchange’s business and social impact, acting as a pillar to many of Infoxchange software solutions for the community, and increasing individuals and communities. The directory data powers Ask Izzy, Infoxchange’s award winning website that connects people in need with crucial services, as well as a number of Australian Government directories.
In times of crisis, such as the recent bushfires and the COVID-19 pandemic, the importance of the directory has been highlighted with searches for help rapidly growing to over 300,000 per month from people all across Australia.
Recognising the critical role of the Directory, the Executive Leadership Team with the support of the Infoxchange Board, have made a commitment to invest in the future of the service directory. To bring the future vision of the directory to life, Infoxchange is committed to building the right team to deliver this work.
The service directory product team cross-cuts a number of departments in Infoxchange and includes product and design expertise, technical expertise and importantly, understanding of our users and customers.
This is a unique opportunity to join a newly formed team at Infoxchange to shape the direction of our social impact, our implementation of emerging technologies and help people across Australia access vital services.
You will be responsible for:
- Contributing to the development of current and future-state architecture models and roadmaps.
- Considering the existing architecture and technology roadmap when providing solution designs, patterns, and implementation strategies for new products.
- Architecting solutions that consider risks, cost estimates, technical capacity and capabilities, and organisational governance policies.
- Guiding development teams in determining whether to enhance existing, develop new, or purchase third-party products and services.
- Participating in discussions and workshops with multiple teams to provide advice regarding technology solutions.
- Continually learning and adapting to the evolution of software architecture design patterns, technologies and methods used to deliver solutions.
- Researching industry trends and emerging technologies in order to identify opportunities for innovation within Infoxchange’s suite of products and services.
- Upholding and advocating for the values, beliefs, and principles as outlined in the Technical Services Team Manifesto.
About the organisation
Infoxchange is a not-for-profit social enterprise that has delivered technology for social justice for nearly 30 years. With over 130 staff across Australia and New Zealand we tackle the biggest social challenges through the smart and creative use of technology
We work with community, government and corporate partners to solve family violence, homelessness, mental health and issues facing people with disabilities, the elderly, Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander, Maori and Pasifika communities.
Our products and services are used by 8,800 organisations across the community sector. We provide the right tools to improve efficiency and deliver greater impact – from nation-wide case management and service coordination systems to IT services and advice for individual organisations.
Our community programs focus on digital inclusion – using technology to improve the lives of people experiencing disadvantage, driving social inclusion and creating stronger communities. We believe no-one should be left behind in today’s digital world.
In November 2018, Infoxchange joined forces with Connecting Up to create Australia and New Zealand’s leading not-for-profit dedicated to using technology to improve the lives of people experiencing disadvantage and the organisations that support them.
The integration brings together 150 staff members working to support more than 30,000 not-for- profits and over 2 million people in need each year across Australia and New Zealand.
Connecting Up has become a subsidiary of Infoxchange and will continue to trade as TechSoup New Zealand to serve the not-for-profit sector in New Zealand.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Solution Architect via Pro Bono Australia.