About the role
- Seeking experienced TCM practitioner with practical PSP skills
- Opportunity for professional development and ongoing training
As a Family Spirit Therapeutic Case Manager you will bring your experience and skills to our Permanency Support Program (PSP), working closely with the children and young people, carers and birth families to provide high quality and effective case management services within a therapeutic and trauma informed model.
Family Spirit (www.familyspirit.org) supports children through holistic Therapeutic Case Management practices and interventions in programs such as Permanency Support, Preservation and Restoration, whilst also providing Community Supports.
Full-time ongoing role
This full-time (38 hours per week) role is part of a small team located at Bankstown and is classified at the SCHCDS Level 5 pay level, with access to generous salary packaging (with benefits up to $15,900 of your salary tax-fee, as well as additional meal and entertainment benefits), regular reflective and practice supervision opportunities and a rostered day off each month.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience required
Applicants must be able to clearly demonstrate the following in their application
A minimum of a Diploma level in Community Welfare, Social Science or related level
- Experience working with and providing quality assessment and case management services to children/young people within the Permanency Support Program – Preservation, Restoration, Guardianship, Adoption and Long term care.
- Demonstrated experience in working within a trauma informed framework
- Proven highly developed interpersonal skills, and emotional intelligence
- Evidence of working collaboratively and negotiating with internal and external
- Understanding and experience of working within a culturally diverse environment
- Current Working with Children Check clearance
- Current and valid driver’s licence
- Access to a well-maintained vehicle which will be used for work purposes (allowance paid). If you are transporting children your vehicle will need to be comprehensively insured or you can utilise the Family Spirit pool cars.
About the organisation
In October 2017, Marist180 and CatholicCare Sydney joined together in the space of
community support, foster care and adoption. The aim of this partnership was to learn and grow from both agencies deep knowledge and expertise in the area of foster care, youth and family services. From this partnership, Family Spirit ( www.familyspirit.org ) has grown. We believe that by working together, we can foster better outcomes for vulnerable children, young people and families and strengthen the resources and support that surrounds them.
How to apply
After reviewing the above Knowledge, Skills and Experience required please apply with the following:
- a letter detailing your responses to the above listed Knowledge, Skills and Experiences (we recommend that you provide examples that demonstrate the range, scale and complexity of your work experience in this specialist field) and
- a brief resume.
For more information please contact Patricia Maher, Executive Manager on 0427 877 445.
The selection process
Family Spirit may use a range of tools and techniques to assess the suitability and relative merit of applicants including, but not limited to the following:
- Interview (by video or social distance)
- Assessment activities
- Reference checks.
No closing date – applications will be reviewed as received and interviews arranged as required.
Family Spirit requires the preferred applicant to undertake a National Criminal History Record Check prior to employment and will also require verification of their Working with Children Check.
Please quote in application: Therapeutic Case Manager – Permanency Support Program (PSP) via Pro Bono Australia.