About the role
Aboriginal Engagement Officer – Sunbury Aboriginal Corporation
- 0.6 EFT (22.8 hours per week, hours of work are flexible and could be spread over 5 days)
- Fixed Term (12 months)
The Aboriginal Engagement Officer role is funded by a co-contribution from the Sunbury Aboriginal Corporation through the Department of Health and Human Services Korin Korin Balit Djak funding round and Sunbury Community Health Integrated Health Promotion funding. Sunbury Community Health will be the auspice for the position.
Consistent with principles of self-determination the Sunbury Aboriginal Corporation has the lead responsibility for developing the position workplan and providing overall position guidance. Sunbury Community Health will provide the human resources infrastructure and relevant day to day supervision consistent with the agreed workplan.
The Aboriginal Engagement Officer will support the Sunbury Aboriginal Corporation achieve its aim of establishing a community hub in Sunbury. This will include developing new approaches to growing membership and engaging the local community.
Key activities include:
- Support the delivery of key community outcomes consistent with the established COVID-19 community response plan.
- Facilitate and foster partnerships between relevant stakeholders to build and strengthen the Aboriginal community’s capacity to formulate their own solutions to address issues impacting their wellbeing and engagement in community life.
- Engage and support the local community in identifying and accessing cultural initiatives that meet their needs.
- Support the development of appropriate referral pathways into Sunbury Community Health and other relevant local health and community services in Sunbury.
This is an Aboriginal Designated Position, classified under ‘special measures’ of section 12 of the Equal Opportunity Act 2010. Only Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are eligible to apply.
About the organisation
Sunbury Community Health Centre (SCHC) is a not for profit, community owned organisation serving Sunbury and surrounding communities. With more than 230 staff and volunteers, the Centre provides a diverse range of health and community services within a social model of health including counselling, early childhood education, family day care, planned activity groups, dentistry, adult and childhood allied health and support services, health promotion initiatives and residential aged care. SCHC is committed to ensuring that our community has access to high quality, person centred, community based primary health care services.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Aboriginal Engagement Officer via Pro Bono Australia.