About the role
- Flexible role with competitive salary and benefits
- Permanent Part Time Position
- Position available in Goulburn and surrounds
We are currently looking to recruit a Support Worker who is able to start immediately. This role suited to someone who has exceptional communication and engagement skills, is friendly, reliable and committed to supporting individuals to live full and connected lives
As a Support Worker with CatholicCare you will be required to work with minimal supervision to provide direct support to people who are ageing who are living in their own homes. The support provided aims to prevent the premature entry of individuals into residential aged care.
The types of support you would be providing include but are not limited to:
- assistance with daily living and life skills, like cooking or helping to cook meals, tidying or cleaning homes,
- social engagement supports, such as accompanying people to events or outings in the community,
- assisting with medication, and/or
- attending appointments and providing transport.
These supports may be delivered in an individual’s home or in the wider community, with shift lengths varying between 1-3 hours. Workers are required to use their own vehicle to travel between shifts or with clients; therefore, a roadworthy vehicle with comprehensive car insurance is required.
If you would like to work with us to make a positive difference in people’s lives – we want to hear from you!!!
About the organisation
CatholicCare is the social services arm of the Catholic Archdiocese of Canberra and Goulburn. Our mission is to provide quality services to people by promoting healthy, inclusive communities through relationships, partnerships and collaboration.
The ideal person we are looking for has:
- Minimum Certificate III in Disability, Individual Supports, Aged Care or relevant.
- Understanding of what is involved in working with people who are ageing.
- Good communication and negotiation skills, with the ability to build rapport with clients and families.
- Hold a smart phone which can be used for work purposes, in line with CatholicCare's BYOD Policy.
What we offer
Rewarding opportunities exist for enthusiastic people seeking meaningful careers; helping people in the wider community in a diverse range of program areas.
CatholicCare's employment benefits include a generous salary packaging option, free parking, and professional development in a family friendly environment.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Aged Care Support Worker via Pro Bono Australia.