About the role
After 14 years at the helm, the current CEO is standing down. JewishCare is now looking for a new CEO who can lead the organisation through its next chapter; to collegially head an executive team and large, dedicated staff; to strategically and commercially develop the organisation; and to be responsive to opportunities and challenges. Reporting to the Board, the CEO will lead and inspire all stakeholders and deliver a robust strategy and operational plan to ensure JewishCare delivers on its mission.
JewishCare is looking for a leader with:
- A genuine commitment to the purpose and values of JewishCare
- The ability to lead and operate a large, commercial and complex for-purpose organisation like JewishCare
- Experience in creating and implementing strategy
- A strong customer focus to create life-changing experiences for clients and their families.
- The presence, intellect and influence to effectively engage with all stakeholders including clients, families, government, and community partners
- A leadership style that enhances a strong team culture, creates role clarity and accountability for the team
- Experience in running a multi-service based organisation with a commitment to continuous improvement
- Exemplary communication skills and an appreciation for the importance of communicating effectively and managing the excellent reputation of JewishCare
- A creative, innovative approach to ensure the needs of the community are truly met
- Experience in working with a capable, committed Board
About the organisation
JewishCare NSW has been the major service provider for vulnerable members of the New South Wales Jewish community for over 85 years, with teams that specialise in aged care, mental health and wellbeing, disability services, and family and child support services. Their mission is to strengthen and support the resilience and independence of members of their community. The organisation currently supports over 4,000 vulnerable people in need of help with approximately 300 staff members and over 500 volunteers. JewishCare continues to be a cornerstone of the community, with a reputation for building community resilience and being there for people in need.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Chief Executive Officer via Pro Bono Australia.