About the role
- Regional quality of life and career enhancing role
- Lead both strategic and operational projects
- Not-for-profit public entity
Are you a values-based leader who embraces community engagement?
Do you thrive on leading change and developing others?
Do you enjoy a varied role and working in a small and dynamic team environment?
About the role:
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, you will be responsible for:
- Building, developing, and maintaining strong customer and community connections.
- Business development and organisational sustainability.
- Leading and nurturing a positive team culture.
- Overseeing corporate support functions.
- Supporting governance and compliance programs.
- Outstanding leadership and people management skills with experience in training, coaching, and developing staff to reach their full potential.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and maintaining positive relationships with both internal and external stakeholders including community groups.
- Strong understanding of governance and compliance including risk management, reporting and internal and external audits.
- Proven experience with planning, developing, monitoring, and evaluating organisational programs and plans.
- Demonstrated experience leading positive organisational change.
- Compassionate, community-focused and values drive approach to work.
- Previous experience in a corporate service setting in addition to an analytical and continuous improvement mindset.
- Current driver’s licence with the ability to travel to various sites and communities within the Central Victorian region.
Occasional after hours work to support committees and engagement with customers and the community is required.
Why you should apply:
- Professional development opportunities.
- Permanent and secure position.
- Contribute to the ongoing sustainability of a regional communities’ essential service.
- Successful and long-standing ‘for purpose’ organisation.
- Diverse and community focused role.
- Small and dynamic team environment.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
Personal Attributes & Skills
- Track record in leading positive organisational change.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver outcomes through professional and respectful engagement.
- Analytical and conceptual ability to develop and present sound business cases.
- Able to energise a small team and encourage personal growth.
- Strong desire to build organisation capacity through sustainable, integrated systems and processes.
- Experience in developing and implementing “fit for purpose” policies and systems.
Experience & Qualifications
- Experience in leading and managing within an organisation or business.
- Studies in Business, Marketing or General Management is desirable.
- Some experience/exposure to public sector compliance and governance matters would be advantageous.
About the organisation
About the company:
Our client is a community based, not-for-profit public entity who is responsible for the strategic direction and commercial operation of eight cemetery and crematoria sites. Located at their Eaglehawk site, this is newly created key leadership position which will be accountable for customer service delivery and care, community engagement, and corporate support and governance.
How to apply
Please note applications close on Monday 5th October at 9am and must include a resume and a cover letter explaining your motivation for applying for the position and suitability (maximum two pages). To obtain a copy of the Position Description please contact ESE Consulting today on (03)54426676 or email email@example.com.
The successful applicant will be required to undertake a National Criminal History Check.
Please quote in application: Manager, Customer, Community and Corporate Support via Pro Bono Australia.