About the role
As our organisation begins to scale-up, we are eager to strengthen our in-house capability in the area of commercial analysis. In this newly created role, you will be joining a group of passionate people on a mission to create 5000 jobs for disadvantaged young people.
Our success relies on people who are confident analysts and communicators, people willing to ask questions and explore whether business ideas can become sustainable, social enterprises that can create long-term, meaningful jobs for disadvantaged young people.
The purpose of the Commercial Analyst role is to help inform the executive leadership team’s decisions regarding the types of social enterprises that White Box should focus its resources on to build and/or replicate viable, scalable, sustainable businesses that can employ young disadvantaged people in Australia.
We are looking for a team player who is prepared to actively explore a wide range of industries and business models, a person who enjoys the journey from ideation, to robust analysis, lots of critical thinking and operational experimentation.
A typical day would see you:
- conduct business/industry specific research to identify and articulate the risks/rewards of entering into specific commercial activities,
- undertake data-driven analysis to conduct risk and opportunity assessments of market sectors, and complete due diligence for specific businesses,
- explore and analyse a range of different business types and models to assess their suitability as jobs-focused social enterprises,
- participate in site visits to explore their potential use in creating social enterprise job hubs,
- prepare detailed feasibility studies and actionable insights that address commercial viability and social value (ie job) creation,
- draft concise recommendations to assist senior management to make data-informed decisions, and prepare reports of suitable quality to support stakeholder engagement and funding submissions,
- contribute your knowledge and skills to a range of activities across the organisation,
- maintain positive, trusted relationships with White Box partner organisations.
This is a hands-on role that requires some travel state-wide and interstate.
We would love to hear from you if you have some of the following:
- 5+ years experience in consulting / business development and/or operational management
- A postgraduate qualification in Commerce, Finance, or an MBA (or underway)
- Experience working within, or a demonstrated desire to work in, the social enterprise or for-purpose business sectors
- General understanding of commercial due diligence, market analysis and value drivers in business
- Skills in structuring analysis and reports for internal and external information presentation, including effective utilisation of graphs and charts, and use of Microsoft Office (eg Excel for data analysis, modelling and forecasting, and PowerPoint to deliver professional, well-structured presentation of results)
- A confident, professional communicator (written and verbal) who is comfortable dealing with all stakeholder levels
- Full Australian working rights
- A valid driver’s license and access to a car
We value diversity and encourage candidates from all walks of life to apply. We believe in diversity of thought, cultural background, religious belief, and ability as a way to bring strength, intelligence and perspective to the team. We offer a flexible working environment which includes regular working from home opportunities.
White Box Enterprises is a not-for-profit and a registered deductible gift recipient (DGR1), which means that fringe benefit tax concessions will apply to the role as part of the overall salary package.
About the organisation
White Box Enterprises Ltd is a social enterprise on a mission to transform Australia’s youth employment system. Our goal is to create 5,000 jobs by 2030 for Australia’s young and disadvantaged jobseekers. We are working towards this goal by building and replicating large-scale, sustainable social enterprises that provide meaningful, award-wage jobs, as well as training and support, to people who are excluded from the mainstream employment market.
Our work is supported by the Queensland Government, the Paul Ramsay Foundation, Ian Potter foundation and a number of other philanthropic foundations.
How to apply
Please email your covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date of 5pm on Friday 30 October, 2020. If you have questions, please get in touch with the team by email - email@example.com.
We will focus our time on genuine applications only. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for a confidential phone discussion.
Please quote in application: Commercial/Investment Analyst via Pro Bono Australia.