About the role
Baptist Care Australia works to bring social justice to Australian communities, advocating nationally on social issues such as homelessness, aged care, child and family welfare and domestic violence. They represent Baptist community service organisations and advocate for their clients in the federal policy debate.
Baptist Care Australia’s vision is for a nation of hope-filled, purposeful people, building communities where every voice is heard. It coordinates national collaboration between members to increase the capacity and influence of the network to create positive social change.
Benefits & Culture
- Genuine flexibility and generous salary packaging
- Newly renovated offices in Camberwell close to public transport
- Diverse role offering autonomy and interstate travel opportunities
- Work with and influence the national senior leadership team
Reporting to the Executive Director you will be an integral member of a small team with responsibilities in establishing a strong policy and advocacy platform for Baptist Care Australia members.
Key aspects of role include:
- Establishing and building trusted effective working relationships with member agencies
- Coordinating newly formed member policy groups with an emphasis on ensuring that the voices of the people on whose behalf you are advocating are heard and included
- Leading the submission to policy process in conjunction with member stakeholders including writing papers and submissions
- Monitoring sector trends, key data, statistics and policy and sharing with member agencies providing them with evidence based strategic advice.
You will have extensive experience in advocacy, policy and campaign leadership. Your strategic mindset combined with excellent communication skills, you can expertly manage and influence a diverse range of stakeholders.
Importantly, you can also demonstrate:
- An ability build effective working relationships with a diverse group of stakeholders including government officials and sector representatives
- Experience in developing policy positions and writing submissions
- Strategic planning skills to identify and critically evaluate effective advocacy tactics
- Exceptional communication skills, tailoring your writing style to fit your audience and shape the message appropriately whilst paying attention to the detail
- The ability to work within the ethos of a faith-based organisation.
If you want to use your policy and advocacy experience to play a key role to improve policy decisions and social outcomes for marginalised people across the country, apply now by submitting your resume and cover letter explaining why you are the best fit for the job and the skills you bring to the role.
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: Policy and Advocacy Advisor via Pro Bono Australia.