About the role
The Quality Assurance/Business Analysis (QA/BA) team in Queensland is responsible for the analysis of functional requirements and quality assurance of all new and updated feature implementations for Infoxchange’s client and case management application, referral portals and related web services.
You will be instrumental in integrating quality assurance (QA) into the requirements analysis process in order to ensure that all product development activities satisfy business objectives and user expectations. Your role extends beyond traditional QA responsibilities. In addition to software testing, you will be required to demonstrate a high degree of problem solving and analytical skills and take a strategic, deliberate approach to product development and testing.
We’re now looking for a proactive and passionate Quality Assurance Analyst to join our hard-working QA/BA team. We’re looking for someone who is friendly with a good sense of humour, who can thrive in a fast-paced environment and who has a passion for social justice and digital transformation in the not for profit sector.
Your primary responsibilities will be to:
- Act as a primary contact between the support team and developers to investigate and resolve support related incidents.
- Test all product development based on acceptance criteria, leveraging automated testing where possible.
- Utilise various testing techniques such as exploratory/regression/manual testing as required.
- Knowledge of API testing (Postman)
- Participate in estimation sessions by describing business needs and clarifying any questions arising during the design and delivery process.
- Proactively assess and contribute to the refinement of the QA strategy, including facilitating discussions related to improving overall end-to-end product delivery.
- Collaborate with the Delivery and Software Development teams, and other relevant business stakeholders to effectively analyse business requirements.
- Identify and communicate any requirement assumptions, dependencies, and risks in a timely manner.
- Decompose business requirements and create appropriate and concise user stories.
- Develop clear and well-described acceptance criteria.
- Coordinate User Acceptance Test activities with the Delivery and Software Development teams.
- Communicate effectively with software developers regarding explanation of user stories and validation based on acceptance criteria.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Experience working within a SaaS-based environment
- Knowledge of QA processes and best practices
- Experienced in testing complex user interfaces, including manual browser, exploratory, UAT, and regression testing
- Experience in translating high level business requirements into functional requirements with clear, concise and testable user stories
- Experience in conducting systems analysis for frontend and backend applications
- Experience in querying relational databases using SQL (preferably in PostgreSQL)
- Passion for social justice and/or experience working in the not-for-profit sector.
About the organisation
Infoxchange is a not-for-profit social enterprise that has delivered technology for social justice for 30 years. With over 130 staff across Australia and New Zealand we tackle the biggest social challenges through the smart and creative use of technology.Our products and services are used by 8,800 organisations across the community sector. We provide the right tools to improve efficiency and deliver greater impact – from nation-wide case management and service coordination systems to IT services and advice for individual organisations.
In November 2018, Infoxchange joined forces with Connecting Up to create Australia and New Zealand’s leading not-for-profit dedicated to using technology to improve the lives of people experiencing disadvantage and the organisations that support them.
How to apply
We’re passionate about work-life balance so we have flexible work arrangements, additional leave provisions and a fabulous health and wellbeing program (think online yoga and meditation as well as yearly flu shots). We also have salary packaging options that could assist in increasing your take-home pay and plenty of learning and development opportunities. Plus, at the end of the day, you can feel good knowing you’re working for an organisation that contributes to a fairer society. Can’t beat that.
If this sounds like the role you have been looking for, don't hesitate - apply today via the 'Apply' button by the closing date. Please ensure you address the key selection criteria in your submission (in the attached position description).
Please quote in application: Quality Assurance Analyst via Pro Bono Australia.