About the role
Business Development Leader
Hours: Full Time
Remuneration: $86,534 p.a. plus super
Status: Fixed term, 12-month contract with potential for ongoing (subject to funding).
Closing Date: 7th December 2020, apply ASAP!
How you will make an impact
Lead business development and sales of a diverse portfolio of services and programs designed to influence and inspire our clients and their communities to build understanding, investment and take action to transition to a zero carbon society.
You will be integral to AEF achieving its strategic goals to create, demonstrate and share clear transition pathways to a zero carbon society; increase energy efficiency and investment in renewable energy in Australia; and be a sustainable organisation.
What you will do
- Implement the national sales plan by selling consulting and project management services to new and existing State and Local Government customers.
- Work with key clients to understand their needs and develop compelling proposals that win work.
- Engage in regular prospecting activity, including attending industry events and networking opportunities with key clients and prospects.
- Work closely with the Partnerships & Engagement team to create persuasive new pitches, marketing materials and presentations to engage and attract new government and business customers.
- Working closely with the delivery team around account management and new service development, ensuring client satisfaction.
- Support and facilitate marketing initiatives, working toward implementing the Marketing Strategy.
- Develop tactical sales plans for each market and new service offerings.
- Manage projects throughout the Project Lifecycle.
You will have
- Proven business-to-business/business-to-government sales experience.
- Commercial acumen with experience in business development and/or account management.
- Outstanding communication, relationship building, initiative and interpersonal skills.
- Strong relationships with all levels of government.
- A mature approach to consultative selling with a positive attitude and a drive to succeed.
- Experience leading, developing and retaining a high performing team.
- Experience in managing projects.
- Experience in a project or services environment.
- Experience in Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and sales management systems e.g. Zoho, Pipedrive.
- Knowledge of the energy sector is desirable.
About the organisation
Who we are
The Australian Energy Foundation is leading the way to an equitable zero carbon society. We accelerate the energy transition by empowering communities to take action.
Through our energy expertise, tenacity, and partnerships, we:
- Demonstrate the pathways to a zero-carbon society
- Influence and inspire to build understanding, investment and action
- Deliver solutions that have a positive impact
We are practical visionaries; a national for-purpose organisation whose work benefits all Australians.
You will be surrounded by people who are driven by our vision of an equitable zero carbon society. In addition to contributing to making the world a better place, you will have access to:
- Financial incentives for sustainable commuting to work practices and end-of-trip facilities.
- A versatile work environment with flexible hours and the ability to work from home.
- Individual learning and development plans to assist in your career progression.
- Pet friendly work environment, with the ability to bring your dog to work.
- Additional annual leave options including paid leave over Christmas and the ability to purchase extra leave.
- A Health & Wellbeing Program with access to EAP.
- As we are a national company, there will also be opportunities for interstate travel.
AEF is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We work with a diverse range of people and audiences at AEF. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and other people of colour, people with a disability and people from the LGBTIQ community.
How to apply
Email your application to email@example.com with Business Development Leader in the subject line.
In order to be considered for this position, you must include:
- a brief cover letter stating where you saw the job advertised;
- your resume, including contact details for a minimum of two referees, preferably your last line manager (we will not contact referees without your permission).
- a separate document detailing your experience to the Key Responsibilities of the Position, (following the STAR system) as listed in the Position Description available here https://aef.com.au/about-us/careers/
Only applications that follow the above process will be accepted and considered for interview. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
To be eligible to apply for this position you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen, permanent resident or hold a valid work permit or visa.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Mike Skeggs, GM Partnerships & Engagement on 0400 301 315.
Please quote in application: Business Development Leader via Pro Bono Australia.