About the role
The Sisters of Saint Joseph of the Sacred Heart (SOSJ) is a Catholic religious congregation, founded in South Australia in 1866, by Saint Mary MacKillop and Reverend Julian Tenison Woods. In 2020 there are around 700 Sisters living and ministering throughout Australia, New Zealand, Ireland, Peru, East Timor and Brazil.
The Sisters of Saint Joseph of the Sacred Heart continue God’s mission by immersing themselves in the midst of life, working for justice, empowering others and bringing hope to those in need.
The Centre of the Congregation is Mary MacKillop Place, Mount Street North Sydney where Saint Mary MacKillop’s tomb is enshrined in the Memorial Chapel.
The General Manager, as the senior lay executive in SOSJ, is responsible for the leadership of all administrative services and the alignment of operations within SOSJ’s strategic direction in accordance with the spirit, mission and charism of the Congregation.
Areas of specific focus for this role are:
- Support to the Mission and Ministry – central to the religious life of SOSJ is a commitment to Mission and Ministry
- Business Services – The SOSJ business operations provide the professional services that support the lives of the Sisters and their ministry work
- Investments and Property – SOSJ holds a substantial managed investment portfolio and a significant self-managed property portfolio that provides Sister’ accommodation and resources for ministry and business operations
- Capital Expenditure Projects – that include works associated with landmark sites such as the North Sydney site
You’re currently operating at a senior level in a similar operational style role across core business operations. Via your already successful career leading like-minded institutions, you’re able to demonstrate a deep understanding of the organisational culture required to successfully meet the requirements of this role.
The successful candidate will be required to demonstrate the following three key areas of ability:
- Strategic development of the administrative and service functions within a focused mission directed enterprise
- Operational management through assessing and prioritising needs, flexibly developing solutions and methodically implementing them
- Team leadership through encouraging, supporting and building capacity within a motivated and engaged team
If you’re able to demonstrate an affinity with the mission of the Sisters of Saint Joseph combined with a roll-up your sleeves approach, then please forward your resume and cover letter responding to the skills required above or call Richard Green or Lisa Morell on 02 8243 0570 to discuss your interest.
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: General Manager via Pro Bono Australia.