About the role
- Unique opportunity to impact Christian education
- Highly respected Christian College
- Be part of their new season of growth
Reporting to the Deputy Principal, you will be responsible for developing and leading the sub-school
team of staff, caring for students and developing a culture within that sub-school that promotes the
values of the college and supports the developmental and academic needs of the students. This
position will also include a key component of teaching as well.
To be successful in this role, the Head of Senior Sub-School will be an experienced leader who
possesses the following important attributes and competencies:
- Demonstrated alignment with the College’s values, vision and mission.
- Passion and advocacy for engaging Christian education.
- Appropriate tertiary and postgraduate qualifications in education and/or leadership.
- Previous experience in a senior leadership position and/or demonstrated potential to succeed in a senior leadership position.
- Proven ability to hold self and staff accountable to meet strategic goals and performance
- Ability to gain the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity and
- A strong commitment to developing and maintaining a Child Safe culture within the College.
- The ability to model quality teaching and learning.
This is a great opportunity for a servant leader to join this highly respected Christian school which is
positioned for further significant growth in the coming years. An attractive remuneration package
will be offered commensurate with your experience and qualifications.
About the organisation
Plenty Valley Christian College (PVCC) is a K-12, coeducational Christian college of approximately 820
students. We are one College with four sub-schools, Early Years, Junior Years, Middle Years and
Senior Years. The college is located in a magnificent semi-rural setting in Doreen. They are a member
of Christian Education National (CEN) and as such are committed to the establishment of a close
partnership with parents in the Christian education of the children. Their aim is to offer quality
education with a fully integrated Christian worldview, develop a strong sense of community amongst
the students, parents and staff with every staff member playing a key role in the pastoral care of the
students. We use the respected Arrowsmith Program. Teaching staff at PVCC are selected on the
basis of outstanding professional and personal qualities.
How to apply
Applications are encouraged from outstanding educators who have a record of leadership in Secondary
environments. Applications for this role should be made by submitting a detailed cover letter and
resume. Applicants are expected to address the competencies listed above as part of the application. For more information please contact Linton Deane on 03 9653 9468.
Please quote in application: Head of Senior Sub-School via Pro Bono Australia.