About the role
The ‘IT Service Desk Engineer’ is responsible for providing high quality ICT services to internal Infoxchange staff and external Infoxchange clients.
The IT services team primarily provides installation, management and support services for computers running Microsoft operating systems and software. Services include:
- Managed support services – remote and onsite support of desktops, servers and networks
- Migration, management and support services for clients who use Online Services such as Microsoft Office 365
- Proactive maintenance
- Design and implementation of IT infrastructure solutions
- Provision of technical advice and improvement recommendations.
Clients are supported through managed support contracts, projects and casual (as-required) support activity. This role reports to the Delivery Manager – Support and works closely with the other members of the Managed Services team.
This position could be delivered from either our Melbourne, Adelaide or Brisbane offices and a driver’s licence is required for this role.
The key objectives of this role are to help organisations improve their digital capability and use ICT efficiently and effectively by providing IT services which satisfy our customers and are:
- Cost effective
The key responsibilities are, but not limited to:
- Service Desk (70%)
- Provide excellent first level support services to IT Services clients in a professional and positive manner
- Undertake maintenance activities for IT Services clients desktops and servers
- Build and deploy PCs for clients
- Maintain and update documentation
- Projects (15%)
- Support IT projects with required activities, including desktop deployments and maintenance of documentation
- Capability Development (15%)
- Archive utilisation targets
- Develop and improve Infoxchange services, procedures and documentation
- Share knowledge and experience with other Infoxchange staff
About the organisation
Infoxchange is a not-for-profit social enterprise that has delivered technology for social justice for 30 years. With over 130 staff across Australia and New Zealand we tackle the biggest social challenges through the smart and creative use of technology.Our products and services are used by 8,800 organisations across the community sector. We provide the right tools to improve efficiency and deliver greater impact – from nation-wide case management and service coordination systems to IT services and advice for individual organisations.
In November 2018, Infoxchange joined forces with Connecting Up to create Australia and New Zealand’s leading not-for-profit dedicated to using technology to improve the lives of people experiencing disadvantage and the organisations that support them.
How to apply
Please quote in application: IT Service Desk Engineer via Pro Bono Australia.