About the role
Help lead SharingStories Foundation alongside our Executive Director. Develop & care for funding & cross-sectoral partnerships. Manage distribution of culturally and linguistically rich resources that return revenue to our partner communities.
- Caring for existing relationships with partners and funders
- Developing/implementing SharingStories’ fundraising strategy
- Building new cross sectoral (including corporate) partnerships
- Working with partner communities across Australia to support revenue generation initiatives for community through licensing of project outcomes/educational packages.
- Collaborating with SharingStories’ executive, administrative and creative team to support the strategic direction of SharingStories and partner
- If you feel you meet some of the selection criterion but may need additional support or mentoring in some areas, please apply and we can discuss opportunities in this regard.
Selection Criteria Candidates MUST address the following selection criteria
by demonstrating their experience as they relate to the above role responsibilities:
- Must be of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent*
- Committed to supporting First Nations cultural and linguistic continuity
- Excited about partnership building
- Ideally 5+ years relevant experience
- Ability to design, plan, implement and track a range of initiatives
- Digital system confidence, ability to use online project management systems.
- Good written and oral communication skills as well as the ability to communicate effectively with a range of stakeholders, partners and with First Nations community partners
- Experience in developing and managing financial plans and reporting financials to SharingStories Board
- Ability to travel between 4-6 weeks per annum to meetings with partners and team as well as community across Australia. This role will also involve working with SharingStories Jajoo Warngarra (Advisory Council) as required.
- Ability to work with Indigenous People and understand sensitivities regarding Indigenous cultures/protocols
- Ability to take initiative and work independently from a home office or with a team as required
*This organization considers that being Aboriginal or Torres Straits Islander is a genuine occupational requirement for this position under section 14 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 (NSW)
About the organisation
SharingStories Foundation works with Indigenous communities to protect, maintain and grow language, stories and cultural heritage. Engaged as a culturally safe partner, SharingStories delivers community driven media and education initiatives that build capacity for cultural continuity, production and distribution or right outcome
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Partnerships and Business Development Director via Pro Bono Australia.