About the role
- Full time, permanent role, working 35 hours per week
- Based in Bankstown (currently working from home with some scheduled office time)
- A rewarding opportunity to make a real difference today
About the Multicultural Child and Family Program (MCFP)
SSI delivers a specialist out-of-home care service that provides a culturally appropriate model for children and young people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds aged 0–18 years. We have a strong commitment to culturally responsive services to ensure children in care stay connected with their culture, religion and language.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced caseworker to joi n our team in Bankstown. Someone who may be interested in engaging on another important aspect of out of home care by driving, coordinating and implementing practices which increase quality assurance and compliance responsibilities we have to our children, families, carers and other stakeholders at SSI.
This role will work closely with SSI caseworkers and case managers to monitor, review and facilitate practices that meet the accreditation requirements and the DCJ (Dept. of Communities & Justice) service delivery contract responsibilities in caring for children in foster care or case managed through the MCFP permanency activities.
In this role, the successful candidate will also assist in reporting on child focused permanency standards, child well-being outcomes and analysing data to maintain high practice standards assisting children meet their safety and well-being outcomes. The QA & Practice Officer position provides coaching, auditing, reporting, remediation guidance and other practical mentoring functions to ensure the MCFP casework and case management activities consistently meet the OCG permanency standard compliance indicators and those children’s well-being measures are consistently met.
Key responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Work with team members to undertake quality audits and analyse activities within the program; ensure quality assurance records and relevant information are collated and analysed on a regular basis;
- Develop and maintain a program compliance work plan that facilitates collating evidence of practices against the OCG permanency standards;
- Assist with collation of all findings and improvement opportunities through written reports which include practical recommendations reflective of implementation and change management principles;
- Contribute to activities which sustain practice monitoring and responsiveness to continuous quality improvements for children, young people, carers, family members and other stakeholders who support SSI deliver permanency support programs and related contractual requirements;
- Provide 1:1 and small group practice guidance to case workers;
- Review case files, incidents for risk and provide recommendations and practice support to enhance outcomes for children, young people, carers and families;
- Participate in and contribute to internal training and development programs;
- Develop and maintain positive professional relationships with all internal and external stakeholders, including DCJ.
The successful candidate will ideally have the following skills & experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or related discipline;
- Demonstrated work experience in out of home care or child protection or related child and family sector;
- Understanding of and experience in the field of casework assessment and training within permanency support programs and/or Out Of Home Care and/or child protection;
- Knowledge of the OCG Child Safe Standards for Permanent Care;
- Understanding of and commitment to use of data for quality improvement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Well-developed analytical, critical thinking and assessment skills coupled with intermediate MS office skills; Intermediate Excel skills desirable;
- A valid NSW driver’s licence is also desirable.
If you have good relationships at DCJ or similar agency’s and you’re ready to contribute, participate, build connections and make a positive impact, please apply now!
What we offer at SSI
- Salary packaging options – receive up to $15,900 of your salary tax-free meaning more take home pay!
- Returning to the office next year, where we will continue to promote flexible working arrangements and work/life balance;
- Working alongside collaborative and outcome focused team members all wanting to make a difference in our communities.
About the organisation
SSI is a community organisation and social business that supports newcomers and other Australians to achieve their full potential. We work with children and young people as well as people with refugee and asylum-seeking background, culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) communities, people with disability and more to build capacity and enable them to overcome inequality.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Quality Assurance & Practice Officer via Pro Bono Australia.