About the role
- Be part of an organization that makes a difference
- Step into a key strategic role with one of Australia’s most trusted charities
- Sydney based
Reporting to the General Manager, NSW and working with a dedicated and passionate team, this pivotal role will lead all functions associated with the delivery of community development programs such as Communities for Children Facilitating Partner, school community hubs, Child and Parent centres and other programs whose main objectives are in community development, community capacity building, and community brokerage programs, that contribute to The Smith Family’s vision.
We are looking for an experienced Community Development and people leader, who brings a solid blend of strategy and operational drive to continue building on our success. A day in the life of a Regional Community Development Manager might look like this, but every day can be different. Primarily, you will be responsible for the:
- Supervision and support of Project Managers and Coordinators to ensure quality implementation of Community Development and brokering programs
- Support of leaders to address performance issues with community partner activities and support continuous improvement.
- Support, guidance and advice on the development of strategic plans and implementation plans for projects
- Leadership on governance groups for school hubs, CFC FP projects and Child & Parent Centres
- Adherence and compliance of contract guidelines, funding agreements and reporting requirements
- Participation in relevant networks/ forums to represent The Smith Family NSW Community development and brokering approaches
- Representation of The Smith Family community development work to external stakeholders
It takes a special kind of person to be our Regional Community Development Manager. Our successful candidate will bring the following:
- Tertiary qualification in education, community development, human services or related discipline
- Demonstrated experience in quality management of professional staff and teams
- Demonstrated leadership experience implementing strategic community projects
- Experience in managing strategic relationships with multiple stakeholders
- Experience leading complex projects with internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated excellence in budgeting, contract monitoring, and project management
- Excellence in strategic planning processes
- Capacity to establish and negotiate the development of partnerships
Living up to our employment promise, our team members tell us that working for The Smith Family they have great job flexibility and the ability to work alongside committed, passionate and professional team members whilst engaging in challenging, fulfilling and diverse work. In turn, our team members believe that they offer commitment to our vision, mission and values and effective collaboration with fellow team members to delivery strong performance outcomes.
About the organisation
The Smith Family is a national, independent children’s charity helping disadvantaged Australians to get the most out of their education, so they can create better futures for themselves.
How to apply
If you are passionate about what you do, committed to make a difference and this sounds like your next role, we’d love to hear from you
Closing date: 11 December 2020
Due to the nature of this role, the successful candidate must be prepared to undertake a National Police Check and a Working with Children’s Check. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to principles of cultural diversity. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged.
Please quote in application: Regional Community Development Manager - NSW & ACT via Pro Bono Australia.