About the role
MindFx is now at a critical point in its evolution. With a strategic philanthropic focus, a clear and purposeful business plan, and a burning desire to see real change in the way services are provided to young adults with complex mental illness and addiction, the Board is looking to grow its membership with the additional of a new Director and Board Chair.
Currently capably led by the in-coming CEO, Dr Frances Hughes, the new Board Chair will enjoy a managed transition into the business while rapidly leveraging extensive networks to support the attraction of funding which will ensure MindFx continues to progress from a start-up operation to becoming one of Queensland’s leading community mental health providers. As Board Chair you will demonstrate an inclusive and collaborative leadership style, as well as commercial astuteness and a dedication to strong governance.
Critical to your success as either Board Chair or Director will be your solid understanding of, and experience in, best practice philanthropy (nationally and internationally) and a passion for supporting young adults with mental health challenges. You will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Demonstrated alignment to MindFx’ core purpose, and with the long-term vision of our Founding Directors
- Strong financial management skills and ideally have taken a business from start-up to operational
- Experience leading strategic funding applications with a focus on evaluation and impact reporting, relying on a deep understanding of the complexity of social challenges
- Excellence in communication, ensuring all stakeholders are authentically engaged and encouraged to collaborate/contribute
- A broad understanding of the for-purpose sector in Queensland, culminating in a strong professional network covering a wide range of charitable organisations and industry partners
- An open mind, a resilient and positive outlook plus a good sense of humour will be favourably regarded.
About the organisation
MindFx is still technically in start-up mode, and the Board has been working hard to generate funding, refine the service offering, and make the necessary preparations to be able to start taking clients in 2021.
The company founders have developed a service model specifically in response to the well-documented community need for additional wrap-around support for young adults and their carers following an acute, diagnosed mental health episode. MindFx recovery programs are designed to promote collaboration and engagement with the broader community. Our clients are free to choose the services most of interest to them, with the help of a dedicated Health Coach who plays an integral role in the person’s recovery – strengthening relationships inside and outside the family, fostering relationships in existing social networks and more broadly in the community, and encouraging personal growth and prosperity through supported employment transitions and the attainment of skills for the future.
This is a new way of providing care to a cohort who require extra support and services as they are at a critical and often complex point in their life. The underpinning philosophy of MindFx founders is that all young adults deserve an equal opportunity to make a good life for themselves, and those faced with serious mental illness need more support than most.
Our vision for the future is to operate MindFx centres which offer co-located holistic therapies and Health Coaching across the local community in Brisbane. We have no doubt that in time, the MindFx model of recovery will prove itself as an extremely effective model of wrap-around recovery support for young adults, and a vital source of education and support for their carers.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Board Chair and Director (2 positions) – MindFx Limited via Pro Bono Australia.