About the role
- Work closely with the Business Development Manager.
- Ability to work independently and with a team to increase TerraCycle ANZ’s revenue.
- Research and identify prospective clients to develop a constantly growing and healthy sales pipeline for various market segments.
- Develop and maintain relationships with clients resulting in successful business conversions to achieve targets.
- Schedule and conduct sales calls/meetings with prospective clients.
- Create, pitch and periodically update sales presentations and proposals.
- Work with other internal departments (Operations and R&D) to generate custom proposals and pricing as needed.
- Draft contracts and conduct negotiations (with support of the legal department).
- Organise, track and maintain a record of all communications with prospective and/or active customers through our online CRM software.
- Manage Business Development interns.
- Represent TerraCycle at events and conferences.
- Other duties as needed
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial start-up environment and juggle multiple responsibilities amidst shifting deadlines and priorities
- Business or relevant degree.
- Minimum 2 years previous experience in Business Development or Sales (experience within the FMCG industry is favourable)
- Have the rights to work in Australia (sponsorship not available)
- Fluent in English
- Excellent organisational skills including attention to detail, ability to prioritise and multitask effectively
- Exceptional verbal skills, personable and approachable with excellent in person and telephone manner
- Strong written communication skills, ability to prepare clear and concise client-ready documents
- Fluency with Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel
- A problem solver capable of thinking outside the box
- A demonstrated interest in sustainable/green business
- High energy, positive entrepreneur and fun team player who can collaborate cross-functionally 🙂
This is a full-time position, based in Sydney.
Expected start date: ASAP
Job description is not all inclusive. TerraCycle reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. TerraCycle is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
About the organisation
TerraCycle is a social enterprise whose mission is to “Eliminate the Idea of Waste”. We have become a global leader in recycling hard-to-recycle waste that typically ends up in landfill (e.g. cigarette butts, baby diapers, coffee capsules etc.). Thanks to major brand and retail partners (including BIC, P&G, Colgate, JDE, Woolworths…), we work around the world setting up innovative recycling schemes diverting waste from landfill. We have engaged with over 80 million consumers, raised $44 million for charities and recycled over 1 million pounds of waste. We have recently taken on new challenges such as transforming ocean waste into new products and offering reusable packaging services. In 2019, TerraCycle was Fortune Magazines “Top 10 Companies to change the world”.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Business Development Associate, ANZ via Pro Bono Australia.