About the role
Join one of Victoria’s leading charities
Full Time, Ongoing Role
New opportunity for a new year!
This is a newly created role for Vinnies Victoria and comes at an exciting time! The recent reengagement of subsidiary the VincentCare Group (which comprises VincentCare Victoria, VincentCare Community Housing and Compass Leaving Care via a joint venture with Anglicare Victoria) means Vinnies Victoria will now able to do EVEN more brilliant things in the community. With change comes opportunity and this one is vitally important for us to bring our services together as one and communicate our ‘Good Works’ across Victoria and beyond. The role is part of a small dynamic and talented team of marketing and comms specialists based at our Box Hill Central Office. Reporting to the Communications Manager you will assist with all internal communications across the business, help to build and manage an internal communications calendar and liaise with all parts of the business to create messaging across various platforms for our wide variety of audiences across Vinnies.
You are an enthusiastic and positive individual with a drive to be part of an organisation doing exceptional things in the community. You will have previously worked in the field of marketing and/or communications where you have developed materials, written content across various platforms including web, social media, media releases and publications. You understand the importance of reaching different cohorts of audience and produce engaging and meaningful content to do just this! You are well-versed in social media, great with stakeholders and have enviable organisation and planning skills.
- Administer and help execute the annual communication plan with activities including the production of internal eDMs, member/volunteer/employee weekly communications, TV screen updates, and FB Team Book
- Coordinate Marketing and Fundraising department’s content calendar for all internal communications
- Coordinate SharePoint internal announcements, campaign updates and Marketing & Fundraising Department pages
- Participate in editorial meetings and actively pitch content ideas
- Assist in the writing of digital content, including Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
- Support digital marketing with social media moderation on all channels
- Support all campaigns and seasonal appeals with internal communications, including content development, member kits, staff updates, and presentations
Why work for us? We offer:
- Flexible working & great hours. Work life balance is important to us
- Salary Packaging. A popular way of providing employees in the community sector with tax benefits over and above their salary. It means the real value of a salary package can be significantly higher than the nominal value
- We are committed to professional development to make sure that your career keeps growing while you’re working with us
- We make an incredible difference in the lives of more than 300,000 people every year
- We believe in families, so we like to provide a family-friendly environment in which to work
- We offer a place where you know you are contributing to an organisation committed to helping others. We are passionate about our #GoodWorks and #Socialjustice
- We live and breathe our values
About the organisation
The St Vincent de Paul Society Victoria (Vinnies Victoria) provides assistance to people across Victoria whose daily struggles can include putting food on the table, paying essential utilities and ensuring their children remain at school to obtain an education.
This assistance aims to cover the basics, to take the pressure off, for things like food, petrol, education, utility bills, medical expenses, and more. The support model is designed to give people a compassionate hand up, with human connection, in times of crisis.
Our services include: soup vans, education programs and home visitation retail shops. VincentCare, our subsidiary, provides a range of services and programs for people who are experiencing or at risk of homelessness and disadvantage, such as crisis accommodation, drug and alcohol dependency programs, and work and training opportunities for people living with a disability.
Our network of 110 Vinnies Shops across the state also play a key part in funding our many programs and services and providing material assistance to people we help.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Communications Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.