About the role
- Use your analytical skills to make a genuine difference to the lives of kids and families experiencing disadvantage
- Become part of a small and highly productive team
- Work with a nationally significant data set and Power BI tools
- Full time – 3 year contract
- Sydney, Brisbane, or Melbourne
The Program Analytics and Reporting Team plays a vital role in providing the data and insights to inform The Smith Family’s program policy and practice. As a Data Analyst you will be supporting the monitoring, evaluation and delivery of quality programs that have a long lasting impact on some of Australia’s most disadvantaged children and families.
A day in the life of the Data Analyst, Program Analytics and Reporting, might look like this:
- Interpreting data, trends or patterns of behaviour, analysing results; and making recommendations
- Turning analysis into consumable and compelling information and insights that inform strategic decision making
- Speaking with stakeholders to understand and translate their data and reporting needs
- Consolidating key programmatic data for inclusion in The Smith Family’s Annual Report or program evaluation reports
It takes a special kind of person to be a Data Analyst, Program Analytics and Reporting. You are a good communicator, being able to build strong relationships and communicate in both technical and user-friendly language. You have a continuous improvement mindset, demonstrated data extraction and management skills across complex relational databases, advanced level in Microsoft Excel (including Pivot Tables), demonstrated experience with Microsoft SQL Server, experience with PowerBI or any analytical tools.
Living up to our employment promise, our team members tell us that working for The Smith Family, they have great job flexibility and the ability to work alongside committed, passionate and professional team members whilst engaging in challenging, fulfilling and diverse work. In turn, our team members believe that they offer commitment to our vision, mission and values and effective collaboration with fellow team members to deliver strong performance outcomes.
About the organisation
The Smith Family is a national, independent children’s charity helping disadvantaged Australians to get the most out of their education.
How to apply
If you are passionate about what you do, committed to make a difference and this sounds like your next role, please click apply, we’d love to hear from you.
Due to the nature of this role, the successful candidate must be prepared to undertake a National Police Check.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to principles of cultural diversity. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged.
Please quote in application: Data Analyst, Program Analytics & Reporting via Pro Bono Australia.