About the role
- Join our dynamic team and broaden your skills.
- Do you believe in equality and innovation?
About the Role
As a member of the Carers Queensland ICT team, you will be responsible for providing Level One support and triaging IT&T issues for our staff across the various offices within Queensland. You will need to be able to work independently and drive between sites – we’ll give you a light SUV to do that! We’ll negotiate a suitable office from which you can base yourself – choices include the Gold Coast, Ipswich or Brisbane. From time-to-time you may also need to travel to some of our regional offices too.
If you’d like to contribute to the success of our team and support our staff, we’d like to hear from you.
The successful candidate will be responsible to work as a part of a small team and conduct the following activities:
- Provision of technical support for systems and network to optimise user experience.
- Conduct user administration, utilising various Windows user administration tools and Microsoft Azure.
- Manage ICT support tasks:
- from multiple sites, involving troubleshooting IT and T issues.
- by triaging support between multiple professional service providers across the various business units.
- Coordinate the provision, setup and movement of ICT equipment for users, as required.
- Maintain equipment registers, conduct equipment spot checks and stocktakes. Collaborate with other members of the team and actively share site and user information with the team, in order to maintain high levels of support.
- Provision of support to various projects, across all sites.
- Coordinate installation and configuration of hardware (printers, computers, monitors and telephones); and
- Assist in monitoring system and network performance.
About You – Do you have?
- Proven experience providing Level One IT support to users across multiple sites.
- Qualifications in Information Technology, Information Systems, Microsoft certification and experience with Windows User Admin tools.
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and triage requests and incidents raised by staff.
- Sound knowledge of ICT systems and applications. Supporting a Microsoft 365 environment, and user / systems administrations (moves/adds/changes).
- Understanding of TCP/IP protocols and LAN/WAN configuration. Ability to provide first level telephony support (VOIP Telephone System), user administration, troubleshooting issues and escalation of incidents.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including Working with Persons with Disability Check and Working with Children Check.
You’ll also need a current open driving licence.
What does success look like?
As an employee of Carers Queensland, you will work with people who are passionate about making a difference; are target focused; who are open to new ways of thinking; who value genuine, long-lasting relationships; and who are flexible, resilient, and believe in equity and opportunity for all.
You’ll be provided opportunities to learn and evolve as part of a growing and innovative organisation. You will be given the chance to do work that makes a genuine difference in your community, so high level technical and great people / interpersonal skills will see you be successful in this position.
- Work for a well-respected peak body employer with Covid Safe Measures in place
- Attractive Remuneration Package of CSW4.1 base salary is $72,609.13 per annum ($36.62 p.h) plus super with excellent not for profit fringe tax benefits available
- Flexible and supportive workplace environment with monthly Accrued Days Off available
- Paid Parental Leave and Salary Sacrifice options available
About the organisation
With one in every eight Australians caring for a family member or friend, Carers Queensland is committed to providing highly specialised information, training, coordination and support services.
For almost 30 years, Carers Queensland has been working to advance the profile of unpaid carers, advocating for services and enhancing outcomes for families. With a foundation in evidence and research, we strive to support those who are disconnected through high-quality, individualised programs.
Our objective is to ensure carers achieve their goals, enhance their relationships, and can move forward with a life based on their own decisions and choices.
Carers Queensland is committed to maintaining a diverse workforce that reflects the diverse needs of the people we support. Carers Queensland is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from people with a disability, and from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, and the LGBTIQ community. Carers Queensland encourages applicants to advise this information in their cover letter, so that we can meet the needs of each applicant. Carers Queensland actively seeks to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: ICT Support Officer via Pro Bono Australia.