About the role
- Support individuals to live a fulfilling and meaningful life in their own community
- Rewarding role in a community setting
- Access to ongoing support and development/training opportunities
- Attractive Salary Packaging benefits available (SCHADS 3.1, Schedule E)
About this opportunity
As a Support Worker, you will deliver a variety of services to participants to support them to live a fulfilling and meaningful life in the community. Your working day may include (but not limited to), assistance and or support with daily life, including personal care, domestic activities, social and community participation and varying skill development activities.
You’re a passionate, empathetic and caring individual who is looking to make an invaluable positive impact on the lives of others. You relish a challenge and new experience. You’re calm, collected and resilient in the face of adversity and are looking to carry these qualities with you to the front line to start helping those in need. You are an independent, proactive thinker and worker but are also able to follow direction/s given by your managers and can work within a tight-knit team. You may also be required to support the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) program, at the request of your employer.
If this is you, you’re in luck: we have the perfect opportunity for you to do all of these things – right here, with us.
What do you need?
- Minimum Certificate 3 in Mental Health, Disability, Aged Care, Home and Community Care or related fields
- A current valid Driver’s License and a registered, insured vehicle
- Satisfactory Police Records Check and Working with Children Check, prior to commencement
- Applicants having experience and knowledge in psychosocial disability will be at an advantage
- Current First Aid certificate
- Manual Handling training would be desired
- NDIS Orientation Certificate
About the organisation
Wellways Australia exists to help all Australians lead active, fulling and inclusive lives in their community. We achieve this by supporting and working with individuals, families and the community to help them imagine and achieve better lives. We advocate for change to ensure people have access to the best possible care and information when they need it. We provide a wide range of services and assistance for people with mental health issues, disabilities, youth and older Australians and those requiring community care.
How to apply
Here's your chance to do great things. Don't let it slip by - apply now by visiting our careers page:
https://wellways.recruitmenthub.com.au/Vacancies & enter ref code: 5334194.
For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Cabrini d'Arcy-Stewart, Coordinator on 02 6251 4599.
Applications close 3rd February 2021 - Close of business.
Please Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. Late applications will not be accepted.
Please quote in application: Support Worker via Pro Bono Australia.