About the role
Would you like:
- A part-time Tas based Training role?
- 18 month contract with Above Award take home pay?
- Opportunity to be a part of changing the lives of carers nationally through delivering quality training?
It’s often said that “the mediocre teacher tells, the good teacher explains, the superior teacher demonstrates, and the great teacher inspires”.
We are looking for an inspiring trainer to join our new training team!
Would you like to:
- Be part of a new pilot program that is community focused, providing training to unpaid carers and making a direct difference to individual lives.
- Be supported in your role by a team that is open to creativity, varied delivery styles and values your expertise as a trainer and industry professional/ expert.
- Work for a non-for-profit organisation with a mission to make life better by connecting and enriching the lives of people in our community.
- Work for an organisation that values, promotes, and provides both professional and personal development opportunities.
Head office located in Brisbane, this is a great opportunity for a passionate individual support trainer that wants to make a difference and create real opportunities for the people in our community.
What’s in it for you?
- Part-time role, 4 days per week. No weekend or evening work required!
- Opportunity to bring your creative, inspiring and passionate training style to your delivery.
- Flexible and supportive workplace and team environment where your contribution is valued. We embrace our team culture and are passionate about our organisation’s values (Integrity, Respect, Diversity, Empowerment, Adaptability).
- Laptop and phone provided with access to our contextualised industry current training resources.
- Attractive Remuneration Package of CSW4.1 – $71,839.14 per annum (pro-rata applies for part time) plus super with full not-for-profit tax benefits available.
About your role
- Initially focused on delivering Certificate III/IV in Community Services online to our carer cohort of students across Queensland, South Australia and Tasmania. We are currently researching and developing our own short courses specific to industry-relevant skill sets, this would be an opportunity in the near future.
- Supporting and mentoring our student cohorts to break down any barriers of self-confidence and doubt for them to realise their full potential!
- Monitoring student progression and conducting/marking student assessment
- Participating in assessment validation, moderation and being an advocate for continuous improvement.
- Part of a great new RTO team, which contributes to the success of our pilot program Your Caring Way.
About you – do you have?
- Demonstrated ability to deliver professionally presented, dynamic training with the ability to engage all learner types and levels
- TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or
- TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment plus the following units:
- TAELLN411 (or its successor) or TAELLN401A, and
- TAEASS502 (or its successor) or TAEASS502A or TAEASS502B or
- Diploma or higher level qualification in adult education
- Current Certificate III or higher in Individual Support (Ageing and Disability) and/or Certificate IV or higher in Community Services
- Current experience as a Trainer & Assessor within the VET Sector (minimum 1-2 years).
- Current experience working in the support care worker field/community services industry (minimum 1-2 years).
- A current open driving licence and ability to undertake regular local travel as required.
About the organisation
Carers Queensland is committed to providing specialised carer, aged, and disability support services. Join us as we launch a new pilot program, Your Caring Way. This is a pilot program to be run over two and a half years across three states (Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania), funded by the Department of Social Services.
Your Caring Way is an end-to-end vocational coaching program, designed to support carers by providing accredited and non-accredited training, and preparing them for opportunities such as paid employment, work experience, or volunteering.
Working with suitable "carer-friendly" employers, we seek to enable social, vocational and economic outcomes that benefit employers, industry, community, and Government.
Your Caring Way is designed to support client-centred outcomes, so has "choice and control" as its central consideration.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Trainer and Assessor via Pro Bono Australia.