About the role
- SCHADS Award Level 5 – including salary $82,781 pro rata
- Salary Packaging Option (up to an additional $15,895 p/a)
- Full Time Position based in Alice Springs with Outreach to Remote
- Relocation Assistance offered Contract ending 30 September 2021
The goals of NACAP are:
aged care recipients understand their rights and responsibilities and actively participate in decision making which affects them
all aged care recipients problems and complaints are satisfactorily resolved
delivering information and education on the rights of people receiving aged care services to aged care service providers, to improve and maintain the quality of services provided to the recipients of residential and in-home care meeting all accreditation requirements.
delivering education to consumers and addressing all issues pertaining to Elder Abuse
Purpose of the Position
The Aged Care Advocate is responsible for providing independent, confidential client focussed advocacy and support in order for the program to meet its objectives. This position has a particular focus on providing information, education and training to recipients of aged care services and aged care services providers. The position also ensures that the rights of the elderly are upheld at all times, that they are involved in decisions affecting their lives, and that their needs are met through the delivery of quality services in a residential care or home care setting.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Build strong networks with relevant agencies including Seniors Australia, other Northern Territory based aged care advocacy providers, providers of Residential and In Home Aged Care, providers of Aged Care facilities and health clinics in remote and very remote regions, Community Elders and Traditional Owners, Aged Care Complaints Commission, Funders and other Agencies and stakeholders.
- Travel to remote communities in Central Australia as required, to deliver advocacy and support to consumers.
- Provide education and information to providers of aged care services in remote and very remote communities and collaborate with other service providers and stakeholders to enable accessibility to provide advocacy services in remote communities including shared travel arrangements where possible. This may require overnight stays in some communities.
- Market and promote advocacy services to all providers of aged care services, councils, remote community shires, aboriginal organisations and the public on a regular basis. This will include speaking at organised aged care events.
At CatholicCare NT our employees have access to a range of benefits that help balance life at work and at home. These include professional development opportunities and health and wellbeing programs. To find out more about the benefits available to you when you join CatholicCare NT please visit our career website.
About the organisation
CatholicCare NT is a not-for-profit organisation, providing social services and programs to individuals, couples, families, children, groups, schools and agencies across the Northern Territory.
The aim of the National Aged Care Advocacy Program (NACAP) is to provide free, independent and confidential advocacy and support to consumers or potential consumers of Australian Government subsidised Aged Care services (Residential and Home Care), their representatives and their families in Central Australia.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Aged Care Advocate via Pro Bono Australia.