About the role
- NFP Salary Packaging options; work/life balance
- Part-time fixed term position until 30 June 2021, with possibility of extension
- Leading organisation in youth mental health
We are currently seeking applications for a part time #chatsafe Online Community Coordinator, working 30 hours per week, including one hour on weekends. This position is available until 30 June 2021 with the possibility of renewal dependent on funding. Position is based at Parkville with flexibility to work from home.
We believe that all young people deserve to grow into adulthood with optimal mental health. Everything we do is focused on that outcome, pioneering new, positive approaches to the prevention and treatment of mental disorders.
As the #chatsafe Online Community Coordinator, your contribution specifically relates to growing and sustaining an engaged and active online community in order to achieve campaign objectives. You will work together with the #chatsafe research team and Orygen communications team to set, plan and implement social media and communication campaigns and strategies. Reporting to the Digital Communications Officer, you will play a key role in the development, maintenance and monitoring of #chatsafe social media and website, growing our online community, and supporting #chatsafe events to boost Orygen and #chatsafe brand awareness by live social sharing and engagement.
As a guide, remuneration of $50,000-$60,000 per annum pro rata is offered, dependent on skills and experience; NFP generous salary sacrificing opportunities are also available to the successful candidate.
Please refer to the position description below for the selection criteria and other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
- Bachelor degree in communications or marketing and/or related discipline/qualifications.
- Experience as an online community coordinator or manager or similar role.
- Experience planning and leading online community initiatives.
- Demonstrated experience in digital storytelling and online marketing, including social media and improving reach across multiple social media platforms.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Hands-on experience with social media management, and considered social media savvy and a good trend spotter, with ability to interpret website traffic.
About the organisation
Orygen is the world’s leading research and knowledge translation organisation focusing on mental ill-health in young people. Find out more on our website.
Orygen is an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to attracting, developing and retaining our staff irrespective of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community. We strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community.
Orygen is committed to providing an inclusive work environment that supports employees to achieve their career goals without compromising their life goals. With this in mind Orygen offers a range of employment benefits including generous paid leave, flexible work arrangement, access to NFP salary packaging and an employee assistance program
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: #CHATSAFE ONLINE COMMUNITY COORDINATOR via Pro Bono Australia.