About the role
Skin Cancer College Australasia (SCCA) is an independent, not-for-profit, member based organisation and the peak body representing and supporting more than 1,000 primary care skin cancer medical professionals in both Australia and New Zealand.
SCCA is a leading provider of clinical education in the diagnosis and treatment of skin cancer for general practitioners, skin cancer doctors and nurses. The current education program offers introductory to advanced learning and includes both in-person and online delivery modes. SCCA has developed a strong reputation for high quality clinical education which balances academic rigor with practical teaching grounded in real-life experience.
- Flexible and supportive work environment
- Attractive staff benefits and salary packaging
- Based at The Wesley Hospital, adjacent to Auchenflower Station
- Discounted all day parking available onsite
In this newly created role reporting to the CEO, your focus will be to guide the elevation of the SCCA education program to compliance with the TEQSA higher education standards. This will facilitate the organisation’s strategic goal to develop an attractive, high-quality skin cancer clinical education pathway which can be packaged to result in post-graduate qualifications for health professionals.
Key responsibilities include:
- Continuous improvement and strengthening of existing programs and CPD delivery
- Design and development of learner-centred and practitioner relevant curriculum
- Engagement and mentoring of front line educators and instructors
- Education program quality assurance, regulatory compliance, review and reporting
- Management of the TEQSA registration and accreditation application process and ongoing compliance
- Building networks and relationships with external education providers, regulatory and peak bodies
You are degree qualified with a specialisation in Learning and Development, Learning Design or similar. You have first-hand experience of the TEQSA application process, compliance and reporting against TEQSA standards, and academic governance within higher education. Your interpersonal and relationship management skills, along with your creativity and resourcefulness, are key to your success and you have demonstrated ability to:
- Design programs to maintain both market competitiveness and regulatory requirements
- Establish a learning delivery framework utilising a variety of learning modes
- Provide guidance and support to both team members and external clinical educators/tutors
- Project manage major learning design projects on-time and on-budget
- Design and implement ongoing quality control systems to monitor education outcomes
- Prepare written material such as higher education accreditation reports
If you are motivated to support the professional development of health practitioners who have a specific interest in skin cancer medicine, please click apply and forward your resume and a cover letter responding to the skills required section above. Alternatively, to discuss, please call Louise Furlong on 07 5530 8066.
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: Education Manager via Pro Bono Australia.