About the role
- Based in either Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane with opportunity to work from home for part of the week
- Competitive salary for the right candidate plus Salary Packaging Options!
- Full Time- Permanent Role
The Enterprise Risk Coordinator will work effectively within the Risk, Quality and Compliance team across jurisdictions, to support SSI’s audit, quality, risk and compliance activities such as:-
- monitoring the performance of SSI’s Risk Management Framework to ensure the effective management of risk across all areas of the organisation’s operations;
- making recommendations for the improvement and refinement of SSI’s Risk Management Framework based on monitoring outcomes;
- promoting the awareness of risk management within the team and across the organisation;
- collaborating with stakeholders across the organisations to develop, improve, and test risk controls and mitigation approaches;
- assisting with other quality and compliance activities, as required, such as quality audits, continuous improvement activities, development and implementation of policies and procedures, management of complaints and incidents.
Key responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Ensure the processes associated with SSI’s Risk Management Framework are implemented efficiently and effectively;
- In collaboration with senior staff, assign risk ownership and assist risk owners to monitor and mitigate their risks;
- Establish effective communication processes within the organisation to support SSI’s risk management function;
- Ensure SSI’s Risk Register/s are maintained in the format required and regularly updated to reflect advice and input from the Executive team, Program Managers, as well as other sources including audit findings, data trends etc;
- Provide support to staff in the management of incidents and complaints to ensure a timely and constructive response;
- Protect the confidentiality of clients and staff during the management of incidents and complaints;
- Educate and mentor Program Managers in relation to operational risk;
- Actively seek feedback from stakeholders to improve the support and resources available to them;
- Monitor and evaluate the broader regulatory environment as it relates to compliance and operational risk, and provide advice on appropriate and timely actions;
- Lead and undertake successful project management using strong communication and organisational skills;
- Prepare documents that clearly convey the required meaning, in the agreed format.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
The successful candidate will ideally have:
- An understanding of and ability to apply ISO 31000 – Risk Management;
- Degree or diploma in a discipline relevant to risk management or equivalent.;
- Broad knowledge and experience in managing enterprise risk including the effective use of governance and risk management software;
- Proven experience to lead and undertake project management, especially those with multiple and/or complex outcomes;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written forms with the Board and Executive Team;
- Demonstrated ability to establish relationships, influence and work in partnership with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders;
- Willingness to work flexibly as part of a team to meet the changing business and operational needs;
- Understanding of the importance of seeking and receiving feedback from stakeholders to improve their experience and improve service delivery;
- Demonstrated ability to work with little to no supervision as well as participate in team-based activities;
- Outstanding written and oral communication, negotiation and consultation skills;
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, especially managing competing priorities;
- Attention to detail and commitment to continuous quality improvement.
Experience (or knowledge of) working in the human services sector and working with legislation and keeping up to date with government policy is desirable.
What we offer at SSI
- Salary packaging options to receive up to $15,900 of your salary tax-free meaning more take-home pay!
- Currently working from home with a blended approach to returning to the office in March, where we will continue to promote work/life balance;
- Access to in-house training and learning opportunities for professional development and growth;
- Working alongside professional and dedicated team members all wanting to make a difference in our communities.
Do you have the experience and skills that we need? Please apply now.
About the organisation
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Enterprise Risk Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.