About the role
Join one of Victoria’s leading not for profits
Full Time, Ongoing Role
Competitive Salary, Purpose Driven Opportunity
This is an opportunity to join our team working across all parts of the St Vincent de Paul Society Victoria group. This role will support the Group CEO, respective Boards and Chairs to strengthen our administration and governance processes across Victoria. Based at our Box Hill Central Office, the role provides high level administrative and executive support by managing the CEO’s diary and working across a diverse group of stakeholders.
You are a positive individual with an unflappable demeanour who has a drive to be part of an organisation doing exceptional things in the community. You will have previously worked as an Executive Assistant and understand the high level of professional administrative experience and discretion required to thrive in a role such as this. Highly organised with demonstrated experience of working with a broad range of stakeholders you are able to successfully manage a busy diary, understand priorities and deadlines, have a high degree of computer literacy and pride yourself on your negotiation and influencing abilities.
- Provision of high level and professional administrative support services to St Vincent de Paul Society Victoria’s CEO and entity Boards
- Diary management and meeting/function scheduling/co-ordination/ organisation on behalf of the CEO/Boards
- Working with the Company Secretary to service Board and designated Committee meetings, ensuring the timely and accurate preparation, compilation and distribution of Board papers to relevant parties
- Managing the CEO’s mail (including correspondence / email) and telephone calls and ensuring follow up as required.
- Identifying and implementing opportunities to improve current work practices/ administrative support systems/arrangements
- Compile and collate CEO and Operational monthly reports as preparation for meetings as required
- Maintain all records pertaining to CEO and Senior Executive Group (meeting agendas and minutes, correspondence, etc.)
Why work for us? We offer:
- Flexible working & great hours. Work life balance is important to us
- Salary Packaging. A popular way of providing employees in the community sector with tax benefits over and above their salary. It means the real value of a salary package can be significantly higher than the nominal value
- We are committed to professional development to make sure that your career keeps growing while you’re working with us
- We make an incredible difference in the lives of more than 300,000 people every year
- We believe in families, so we like to provide a family-friendly environment in which to work
- We offer a place where you know you are contributing to an organisation committed to helping others. We are passionate about our #GoodWorks and #Socialjustice
- We live and breathe our values
About the organisation
St Vincent de Paul Society Victoria exists to provide support to people across Victoria. For over 165 years we have been in Victoria assisting people through the challenges of poverty and exclusion address suffering, advocating against inequality and promoting human dignity and self-determination.
Overall, the group of companies of St Vincent de Paul Society Victoria has many arms and services. These include soup vans, education programs, home visitation programs and VincentCare Victoria, which provides a range of services and programs for people who are experiencing or at risk of homelessness and disadvantage. They also provide crisis accommodation, drug and alcohol dependency programs, and housing.
Our network of 110 Vinnies Shops across the state also play a key part in funding our many programs and services and providing material assistance to people we help.
How to apply
Call to action!
If this opportunity sounds perfect to you and you meet our essential requirements we can’t wait to hear from you. Please send us your updated CV and a cover letter that tells us a little more about you and why you would be perfect for the role.
Applications close: Thursday 4 March at 11.30pm
The process will include phone screening, an online psychometric assessment and a panel interview.
Please note that prior to any commencement of employment, pre-employment checks must be completed these will include reference checking, a national criminal history and right to work check, and a working with children check.
St Vincent de Paul Society Victoria is proactive in supporting child safety
We value diversity and aim to build an inclusive environment that champions, embraces and respects differences.
We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people of all abilities, cultures, sexual orientations, and gender identities and expressions.
Please quote in application: Executive Assistant to the CEO via Pro Bono Australia.