About the role
- Based in Parramatta
- 18 month contract role, working full time hours, 35 hours per week.
- Salary packaging options to increase your take home pay & flexible working hours
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The Humanitarian Settlement Program (HSP) builds skills and knowledge for the social and economic wellbeing of humanitarian entrants through needs-based case management.
SSI delivers the program in Sydney and regional NSW, supporting refugees and humanitarian entrants to settle quickly, s uccessfully adjust to the changes in their lives, and identify and work towards their education and employment goals.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The HSP Operations Manager manages all internal operational aspects of this SSI project, regularly monitors overall budget performance and manages the relationship with both SSI Partner organisations on any operational matters related to program design, implementation, systems and effectiveness.
The role provides management support, supervision and development to the Bilingual Guide & Essential Registration Coordinator, Orientation Program Coordinator, Housing Coordinator and Policy Officer and is responsible for detailed advice to the Program Manager HSP on practice issues and Program results.
- Provide leadership by fostering a supportive and professional team environment
- Ensure a focus on quality practice standards and opportunities for practice innovation
- Undertake regular review of existing projects, policies and procedures with Manager HSP and SSI management team
- Manage all operational aspects of HSP to deliver an effective service and optimal outcomes to HSP clients
- Facilitate customisation of internal database (eg. CSnet) system(s) with focus on HSP Service Delivery, monitoring and to meet the reporting needs of the program.
- Monitor the overall budget performance and advise Manager HSP on monthly expenditure reviews, cost controls and other budget measures
- Provide leadership and management support to Direct Reports including direction, advice, coaching, mentoring, motivation and individual performance monitoring and development
- Represent SSI at all operational meetings and with external stakeholders contributing to/involved with project operations
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
The successful candidate will ideally have:
- Proven operational management experience at a senior level and within a service delivery context
- Demonstrated leadership and people management capabilities with experience in the human and community services sector
- Demonstrated ability to ensure cultural consideration of the needs of people and families from refugee and humanitarian background in service delivery
- High-level relationship management skills and ability to influence and relate to various stakeholders
- Expertise in design and implementation of systems and supports for human services delivery and funded program environments
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous quality improvement
If you have previously worked with culturally and linguistically diverse communities and you possess an approachable nature coupled with strong communication skills this will be an advantage.
What we offer at SSI
- Salary packaging options to receive up to $15,900 of your salary tax-free meaning more take-home pay!
- Currently working from home with a blended approach to returning to the office in March, where we will continue to promote work/life balance;
- Industry-leading flexible work policy, including 9 day fortnight;
- Access to in-house training and learning opportunities for professional development and growth;
- Working alongside professional and dedicated team members all wanting to make a difference in our communities.
About the organisation
SSI is a community organisation and social business that supports newcomers and other Australians to achieve their full potential. We work with all people who have experienced vulnerability, including refugees, people seeking asylum and culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) communities, to build capacity and enable them to overcome inequality. Our vision is to achieve a society that values the diversity of its people and actively provides support to ensure meaningful social and economic participation and to assist individuals and families to reach their potential.
How to apply
Please ensure a detailed cover letter and your resume is attached to your application.
All employees will undergo a National Police Clearance and a Working with Children Check as a condition of employment.
SSI is a Disability Confident Recruiter and will provide reasonable adjustments in our recruitment processes and in the workplace.
If you require a reasonable adjustment please email email@example.com
Please quote in application: HSP Operations Manager via Pro Bono Australia.