About the role
The Communications and Marketing Coordinator will contribute to the sustainability and public visibility of Diversity Arts Australia through organising publicity, promotions, and marketing activities, and support fundraising, advocacy and training initiatives. The role will build national and international audiences for, and deepen engagement in, the work of Diversity Arts Australia. This role will contribute to increasing the conversation and knowledge about the importance of cultural diversity and racial equity in the arts, screen and creative sectors.
You will have a strong commitment to the arts and screen sectors and to building a creative sector that reflects the rich and inspiring diversity of the Australian cultural community. You will understand the power of words and have an awareness of the evolving language of diversity, equity and inclusion. You communicate in a way that is both respectful and empowering. You can easily build productive and collaborative working relationships. You will be self-directed, take pride in your work, and deliver results.
Key selection criteria
- Degree in marketing/communications
- Previous experience organising media & marketing campaigns
- Website management and maintenance (WordPress)
- Excellent written communication skills and interpersonal communication skills
- Awareness of the evolution of language around diversity, equity and inclusion
- Experience using cloud-based, digital marketing and social media platforms
- Experience working with people from migrant, refugee, and culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and an understanding of key issues of racial equity and cultural diversity in the arts
About the organisation
Diversity Arts is Australia’s key organisation promoting Cultural and Linguistic Diversity (CaLD) and racial equity across all art forms in Australia. We are a small organisation with a big vision for an arts and cultural sector that reflects Australia’s true cultural diversity. Diversity Arts supports artists, creative sector workers, audiences, the industry and organisations. We undertake research to provide evidence about the value of diversity in the arts. We measure cultural diversity and concentrate our programs on breaking down barriers in our creative industries. We encourage connection and collaboration, and act as a broker between creatives, industry, educators and governments. While our focus is on ethno-cultural diversity, we work with First Nations communities, People with Disability and communities of diverse sexuality, age, socio-economic status, gender and geography.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Communications & Marketing Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.