About the role
Reports to: Head of Marketing & Communication
Objective of role:
Respond to inbound customer service enquiries, assist to manage collector engagement on social platforms, outreach to collectors as needed, and assist the marketing and account management team with insights related to collector behaviours and attitudes.
- Provide superior customer service
- Handle reactive emails and phone calls daily
- Assist with social media enquiries
- Update and adjust participant accounts when necessary
- Oversee Community Collection Hub sign up process and transition to map.
- Assist with social media enquiries.
- Assist with community management on various social platforms.
- Conduct targeted proactive outreach to enhance program efficiencies (this will require cold calling).
- Assist marketing team to create collector profiles for each program.
- Assist account managers with insights into collector behaviour and attitudes.
Community Collection Hubs
- Work with Community Marketing Associate and Public Relations Associate to identify and contact potential Community Collection Hubs.
- Assist to manage the Community Colletion Hub network by contacting existing CCHs to encourage adoption of more programs and more shipments.
- Assist with operational and office management tasks as required.
Job description is not all inclusive. TerraCycle reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. TerraCycle is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
About the organisation
At TerraCycle, our mission is to Eliminate the idea of Waste®. As a global innovator in the circular economy, our specialities lie in recycling hard-to-recycle materials. Our programs collect and recycle for almost any waste stream such as babies' nappies, cigarette butts and chewing gum, which we then turn into new products, like the world's first shampoo bottle made with beach plastic.
As a social enterprise, we drive positive change by partnering with some of the world’s largest corporations to create collection and recycling solutions for hundreds of traditionally non-recyclable waste streams. This has seen us engage over 80 million consumers, to raise $44 million for charities and recycle over 1 million pounds of waste. In 2019, TerraCycle was Fortune Magazines “Top 10 Companies to change the world”.
More recently, we launched the zero-waste retail platform “Loop”, a global circular shopping system that enables brands, retailers and consumers to transition from single-use disposable materials to reusable, durable packaging. Loop will be launched in Australia in partnership with Woolworths in Q4 2021/Q1 2022.
About the team
You will share TerraCycle’s mission to make waste a thing of the past. You’ll be joining a thriving, purpose-driven team in our waste-free, Sydney office. You’ll be an advocate and agent for change, who can work autonomously, while also collaborating with a tight-knit team of impassioned eco-warriors.
How to apply
Please email email@example.com with your salary expectations, resume and cover letter explaining why you're interested in this role.
Please quote in application: Customer Service Associate via Pro Bono Australia.