About the role
The Australian Marine Conservation Society (AMCS) has been defending Australia’s oceans and marine life for 50 years. AMCS is one of Australia’s most influential environmental charities. We advocate for change to safeguard our oceans and the wellbeing of all life on our blue planet.
We are looking for a passionate digital communicator who is committed to increasing the impact of a highly effective environmental group. If you’re looking for a role in a supportive environment with room to grow, where your skills will be nurtured and developed, then read on.
Our fundraising team is seeking someone to fill this exciting new role with a focus on the care and retention of our donors and driving the digital journey of our individual giving fundraising programs.
Position Title: Digital Fundraising Officer
Location: AMCS National Office, Brisbane
Salary: $60,000 – $70,000 per annum plus Superannuation contributions of 11%.
Hours: Full-time (38 hours per week)
Contract period: Two-year contract with a view to extension.
Purpose of the position:
The Digital Fundraising Officer plays a critical role in engaging and motivating AMCS donors to fund our critical work taking action on the big issues facing our oceans.
In this role you will execute our digital appeal and donor care fundraising programs. You will support all digital elements of our core fundraising work, and work closely with our digital acquisition program to grow and maintain our digital fundraising program. You will be responsible for nurturing our list of supporters and raising funds through our email list, website, digital platforms and provide digital support to our fundraising programs, and additional copywriting to support direct mail programs.
You will deliver highly motivating email campaigns, develop creative and effective online fundraising actions, and manage digital supporter engagement and nurture programs
Your background and mixed skills in marketing, digital and fundraising will help you to analyse the effectiveness of our digital programs, to continually optimise and deliver highly impactful appeal and acquisition programs that grow with the market.
Primary tasks and responsibilities:
- Provide copywriting for digital fundraising programs, delivering high impact emails that motivate supporters to donate.
- Provide copywriting support for direct mail fundraising programs.
- Write high value copy and scripts for AMCS fundraising campaigns.
Email and digital marketing
- Develop and deliver donor retention, engagement and nurture programs to ensure AMCS donors stay engaged and active supporters of our critical work.
- Develop and manage digital campaigns and marketing for fundraising programs including appeals, emergency response appeals, virtual gifts and donor care and provide digital support for regular giving and bequests programs.
- Develop new donor cultivation and nurture strategies to grow and maintain the AMCS donor supporter base.
- Create digital content for AMCS’s automated marketing, donor journeys and appeals.
- Produce a schedule of material to engage new donors, increase repeat giving and cultivate donors for moves management into increased giving and legacy giving.
- Report and analyse the effectiveness of digital appeal, donor care and retention suites and design tests to deliver optimisation.
Digital assets management
- Conduct ongoing assessment and optimisation of donation pages to increase impact, donor conversion and fundraising revenue.
- Design marketing automation workflows for donor conversion, cultivation and engagement.
- Regularly undertake reporting and analytics to monitor and drive ongoing improvement across AMCS donation and fundraising digital assets.
- Work with technical staff to maintain and improve digital fundraising tools and suggest website optimisations to improve user experience across fundraising assets.
Fundraising digital support
- Support the Fundraising Manager with digital fundraising strategy & reports.
- Work closely with the Digital Fundraising Officer (Acquisitions) to cultivate and acquire first gifts.
- Support the fundraising team in delivering digital components of omni channel fundraising campaigns.
- Occasionally support our fundraising team on other aspects of our fundraising.
- Assist with digital content production to drive engagement with AMCS fundraising programs.
- Provide backup support to the Digital Fundraising Officer (Acquisitions).
- Assist with copywriting and production of AMCS fundraising appeals, publications and other materials.
- Assist with production of digital content for fundraising programs, including web assets, graphics or video production as required.
Essential Selection Criteria
- A minimum of two years’ experience in fundraising, communications or marketing in a similar role at a not-for-profit, campaigning or community-based organisation.
- Demonstrated experience or understanding of fundraising practices and the nuances of fundraising copywriting.
- Excellent written communication skills, with the ability to write compelling content that turns complex information into clear and motivating copy.
- Experience using Campaign Monitor or other mass supporter emailing systems (such as Mailchimp), including digital analytics and reporting.
- High attention to detail with excellent organisation, time management and project management skills.
- Strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate and engage with colleagues and external providers.
- Commitment to achieving positive change for our oceans.
Desirable Selection Criteria
- Demonstrated experience in marketing or fundraising, utilising digital and / or direct marketing channels for lead acquisition/supporter growth.
- Experience in fundraising copywriting across multi-channels (including digital and direct mail) and multiple fundraising programs (including appeals, acquisition, regular giving and bequests)
- Demonstrated experience in content production, such as image editing and design and simple video editing.
- Working knowledge of optimisation techniques to deliver the best digital user experiences
- Experience using Salesforce and Form Assembly (or other Customer Relations Management databases).
About the organisation
The Australian Marine Conservation Society is the voice for Australia's oceans. We are an independent not-for-profit charity. We deal with the big issues concerning the sea, working with the community to protect our marine wildlife, tackling major threats to our oceans and creating marine sanctuaries, places in the sea where sea life is safe from harm. Across our campaigns we tackle climate change - the biggest existential threat to our ocean planet, with our Great Barrier Reef at the fire front. We are a committed group of professional and passionate scientists, educators and advocates who have defended Australia's oceans for over 50 years.
- Integrity. We are trusted, credible, independent and ethical in our actions.
- Courage. We are brave, respectful and honest advocates for marine life.
- Passion. We demonstrate commitment to and care for our oceans in all we do.
- Solidarity. We work together, embracing equity, diversity and inclusivity.
- Effectiveness. We are driven, professional, agile and resilient, working to deliver the best outcomes for Australia’s people and wildlife.
How to apply
Applications for this position close 9am (AEST) on Wednesday 19th May 2021. Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
To apply please forward your current CV and a cover letter briefly addressing the essential selection criteria (maximum two pages) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include ‘Digital Fundraising Officer’ in the title of your email when submitting your application.
AMCS is a strictly non-partisan and an equal opportunities employer. Indigenous Australians are encouraged to apply.
Please Note: Applicants must have the right to work in Australia. That is, you must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident or a New Zealand citizen, or hold a valid visa with permission to work on an ongoing basis.
For all enquiries about this position please contact us via email email@example.com or 07 3846 6777.
Please quote in application: Digital Fundraising Officer via Pro Bono Australia.