About the role
The purpose of this role is to lead SPC in its fundraising activities, building on recent successes and the opportunities presented by the fact that the organisation celebrated its Centenary in 2020 and returns to the renovated Concert Hall in 2022.
This position reflects our commitment to maximising income through donations, grants and foundations and is responsible for generating approximately 30% of Sydney Philharmonia’s annual revenue.
• Develop strategies for acquisition, retention and growth to increase philanthropic support to meet annual financial targets
• Develop warm and productive relationships with donors and supporters of the company to ensure they continue to feel positively towards us.
• Responsible for researching and securing project support from trusts and foundations.
• Utilise the CRM to track donations, produce reports and data to enable the optimisation of philanthropic efforts and inform future strategies.
• Maintain current and prospective records and relationship progress within the CRM.
• Process donor transactions, issuing receipts in a timely manner
• Organise and attend events including donor events and events to support company-wide activity
• Manage the chorister Alumni program
• Manage the company Bequest program
About the organisation
Sydney Philharmonia Choirs (SPC) is Australia’s largest choral performing arts company. In 2019, we became a resident company of the Sydney Opera House and celebrated our Centenary in 2020 despite the challenges of Covid-19. SPC comprises a number of internationally regarded choirs, performing across the year at the Sydney Opera House, Sydney Town Hall, City Recital Hall, St Mary’s Cathedral and other venues around Sydney and in regional centres.
We are based in the newly renovated Walsh Bay Arts Precinct in Dawes Point.
How to apply
Please send your current resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions or require any further information about the role please call Hannah Mason, General Manager on 02 8274 6200.
Please quote in application: Philanthropy Manager - part time role via Pro Bono Australia.