About the role
icare is currently seeking an experienced Project Coordinator with an analytical mindset and a passion for social impact to join the icare Foundation team!
- Project coordination and support activities required for the Foundation’s programs to operate efficiently and effectively.
- 6 months fixed term opportunity
- Salary from $85k + super
We’re looking for someone with Project Coordination experience, to provide project management and other support to Foundation grants and key initiatives, including oversight of smaller grants and projects.
This is a rare opportunity for an individual with a thirst for learning and desire for professional development to gain invaluable experience in grantmaking and social impact. icare Foundation’s grantmaking supports innovations that address the most complex and persistent challenges in icare’s schemes to prevent workplace injury, improve recovery and return to work, and enhance quality of life for people injured at work or on the road.
You’ll be working with a diverse mix of caring, curious and values driven people who really care about making a difference for people and the NSW community. You will have a mind for getting things done and a heart for people and you will set the bar high through the quality of the work you do and the people-oriented decisions you make.
You’ll bring your coordination skills combined with a sound understanding of project management techniques as well as a great attention to detail. You are a great communicator, team player and your stakeholder engagement and management skills are on point.
It’s an exciting environment where no two days are the same. But on a typical day you might find yourself:
- Supporting the monitoring and oversight of selected grants (‘investments’) within the Foundation portfolio and liaise with project staff within the schemes, as required.
- Running/supporting monitoring meetings for smaller Foundation investments and ensure adequate documentation is captured and recorded.
- Running effective end to end procurement processes to engage suppliers within the Foundation’s operating budget and Grant operating budget.
- Providing operational support for a range of foundation activities as required, to ensure work is delivered within agreed deadlines and to a high standard.
- Supporting the delivery and establishment of major foundation investment funds, including the coordination of multiple streams of activity.
- Planning and delivering events, to senior stakeholders and ensure all deliverables are met.
- Supporting the development of board papers and other key documents required as part of the foundation’s governance processes.
- Liaising with the communications team to provide timely, accurate and relevant foundation content related to investments and funds.
- Providing administrative support to foundation programs and projects, as specified, to ensure they are effectively supported.
- Working collaboratively with other team members to ensure coordination of activity across icare.
- Communicating with key stakeholders and coordinate working groups, committees, and consultations to facilitate exchange of information and support project completion in line with project plans.
- Preparing and maintaining project documentation to support operational activities and for reporting, monitoring and evaluation purposes to ensure accessibility.
About the organisation
We’re a new kind of organisation, one that’s as supportive and socially conscious as it is agile and explorative. Our DNA of commercial mind and social heart captures who we are at our core.
If you think you’re the right person for this role, send us your resume (up to 5 pages). Don’t delay as we’re assessing applications as they are received. We’d love to hear how your capabilities, achievements and experience set you apart.
We know our strength comes from the diversity of our people and so we want people with different experiences and backgrounds to apply. We recognise the importance of balance and flexibility and understand that it’s not a one size fits all approach, so we’d be happy to talk about and consider your specific needs.
If there are any accessibility adjustments you need to help you be able to apply for this role, or if you require any further information about the role, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
For temp roles – Please note that you must be an Australian citizen, a permanent resident of Australia, a New Zealand citizen with a current New Zealand Passport or a citizen of another country with a current visa that allows you to work in Australia for the duration of this temporary role.
- icare is the brand of Insurance & Care NSW
- For more information about icare visit our website
- icare operates a direct sourcing model so no agency introductions will be accepted
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Project Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.