About the role
- Exciting new role with an opportunity to make it your own!
A full time, ongoing position has arisen in our Melbourne office for a Senior Project Officer, Strategic and Donor Partnerships to identify and develop successful funding and grant submissions to align with Djirra’s strategic direction and objectives to achieve financial sustainability. This role reports directly to the Manager, Policy and Advocacy, in the Policy and Engagement team and will work closely with the Director, Policy and Engagement and the Director, Services and Innovation. You will also be required to maintain and develop a broad range of stakeholder engagement with government (State, Commonwealth and Federal), the Aboriginal community and various funding agencies.
Djirra is committed to Child Safety and as part of Djirra’s screening requirements all staff must have (or are able to obtain) a Working With Childrens Check and a National Police Check. An International Police Check may also be required. You must also be able to demonstrate an understanding of Child Safety.
Applicants who have demonstrated extensive knowledge and understanding of the Victorian Aboriginal community, particularly in relation to the impact of family violence on Aboriginal women will be looked upon favourably.
In addition, but not limited to, the following will be highly regarded:
- Demonstrated experience in the research and preparation of successful philanthropic grant submissions within a not-for-profit, social sector or government context or equivalent.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to prioritise work and to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills
- Proven interpersonal skills; ability to collaborate effectively and develop good working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to communicate sensitively and effectively with members of the Aboriginal community.
- Generous Salary Packaging options – including Meals Entertainment (Not For Profit Organisation)
- Supportive and inclusive work environment
- Refurbished offices
- Conveniently located near public transport and ample street parking nearby
- Access to Employee Assistance Program with supportive, confidential counselling
About the organisation
Djirra supports Aboriginal women’s journey to safety and wellbeing, and provides legal and practical supports to Aboriginal people experiencing family violence across Victoria. Djirra is an Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisation with a rich history, and we are growing our services across regional Victoria.
How to apply
Applicants are required to submit their cover letter, resume and provide responses to the questions found at the bottom of the application form. Please refer to https://djirra.org.au/ for organisational information, position description and how to apply. Further enquires regarding this position can be directed to Teresa Kyprianou, HR Advisor at email@example.com
Applications for this position will close as soon as a suitable candidate is sourced, therefore we strongly encourage your application as soon as possible. We also strongly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply.
Please quote in application: Project Officer, Strategic and Donor Partnerships via Pro Bono Australia.