About the role
Beddown has an ambitious goal to have a presence in all east coast capital cities in Australia over the next 3 years to serve a minimum of 300 vulnerable people a night by 2023. This is supported by a budget of just over $4.5 million to fund the costs of a lean management team and operation, including security, cleaning, beds and logistics.
This is an active, very hands-on and rewarding role that requires determination, tenacity, high emotional intelligence, diplomacy and vision. The purpose of the CEO is to free up capacity of the Founder and to guide and execute the overarching strategy of Beddown, ensuring alignment of activity to strategy and for building sustainability into the organisation through strategic financial and operational management. This person will be willing to adopt a “hands on” approach and have the right ‘head and heart’ balance to ensure Beddown is run strategically and efficiently to ensure maximum impact.
- Work with the Board to ensure the development and implementation of a strategic plan to enable Beddown to address Australia’s rising homeless numbers by providing safe sleeping spaces for much needed respite, and acting as a central hub for people to connect to essential services.
- Develop financial plans and budgets to support the strategic plan (both short and long term).
- Develop a theory of change and case for support that will underpin the overarching and fundraising strategies.
- Develop fundraising strategy across all relevant streams including (but not limited to) corporate partnerships, trusts and foundations, philanthropy, individual giving, crowd funding and bequests.
- Build and engage the community of stakeholders, as they invest their time and money in helping to achieve the mission, including the Board, delivery partners, funders, councils and Government and the community more broadly.
- As the team grows, provide clear leadership and direction and act as a source of inspiration and motivation to the Board, small team, supporters and volunteers.
- Ensure marketing/communications materials are relevant, engaging and clearly articulate the mission and service offering of Beddown to a broad audience.
- Support the Founder and the Board in their efforts to raise the profile of Beddown and work with the Founder to ensure appropriate management of Beddown sites.
About the organisation
Homelessness is the ultimate experience of disadvantage and social exclusion and is an issue affecting every major city in the world. It is estimated that over 8,000 vulnerable people are sleeping rough every night across Australia and this number continues to grow by approximately 4% per annum.
Beddown is Australia’s only pop-up accommodation service for homeless people. This small, but growing organisation aims to tackle homelessness in an innovative and collaborative way by seeking to activate and repurpose under-utilised spaces, such as parking stations, and create pop-up accommodation hubs. Its primary aim is to offer homeless people a great night’s sleep. Its secondary goal is to connect people into other complementary and government services such as doctors, dentists, laundry services, to begin the process of rebuilding their lives. Ultimately, the goal is to end the cycle of homelessness for all.
How to apply
People for Purpose have been appointed to recruit for this role.
We invite you to read the position description attached. Once you have absorbed this information and done your own research, if you have specific questions, please call us on 0468 625 252 or email email@example.com
To apply, you must submit a CV and a covering letter outlining why you are interested in representing Beddown and how your skills align to the key responsibilities of this role.
Applications close 5pm on Sunday, 27 June.
Please quote in application: CEO: Beddown via Pro Bono Australia.