About the role
The AJFN is at a critical point in its evolution, having proven significant impact and gaining momentum in recent years to take up a unique and special place in the hearts and minds of the Jewish community. With a committed and networked board and funding secured for the next chapter, the Board are keen to appoint a capable, visionary CEO who will write the next amazing chapter for the AJFN.
Your commitment to the work of the AJFN and the personal journey of every client will be demonstrable and authentic. You will have experience in a leadership role in a for-purpose organisation, capable and committed to leading and inspiring a small team of paid staff and volunteers. You will excel in developing and managing people, implementing processes and directing resources and activities to support an ambitious strategic plan. Critical to success in this role will be the ability to build strong relationships with individuals and organisations, not only to play a key role within the Jewish community, but to ensure you continually strengthen the organisation’s financial position through your fundraising experience. You will be comfortable as the face of the AJFN, engaging with the media and hosting events to ensure profile and funding are continuously raised to underpin impact.
This is an opportunity for a dynamic and inspirational leader, who thrives in a fast-paced growth environment, and has strong people and management skills, to join an organisation that is embarking on its next exciting phase of major growth.
To be successful in this role, you will have strong leadership skills and be a proud and active part of the Jewish Community with the confidence to influence change and communicate effectively at all levels.
- Written and verbal communications – The CEO must be able to represent AJFN’s position confidently and articulately in the media and with various stakeholders. The CEO will need to be confident inspiring audiences of all sizes through public speaking and excel at other public-facing communication such as media interviews.
- Leadership – The successful candidate will have demonstrated leadership capability, and be able to inspire confidence and draw the best out of staff, volunteers, and relevant stakeholder groups, including clients, donors, and community leaders and partners.
- Strategic thinking and initiative – AJFN is a fast paced and dynamic organisation. The CEO needs to be able to independently make strategic judgement calls about week-to-week priorities, that balance short-term opportunities with ensuring delivery on long-term strategic objectives.
- Relationship building – The CEO must be a ‘people person’, showing a track record of being able to effectively build relationships and strong networks across a diverse range of stakeholders at all levels, both within the Jewish Community as well as the wider community. The CEO must demonstrate the spirit and soul of the AJFN in all that they do – be empathetic, show sensitivity, be aware of couples’ struggles/fertility issues, and know how to talk to couples at various stages of their journey.
- Persuasiveness – For AJFN to continue growing, achieving its objectives, and to remain financially viable, the CEO must be confident in making asks of donors and other stakeholders. They must have high emotional intelligence and empathy and be a skilled influencer.
- Planning and organising – The successful candidate will be a skilled project manager, able to deliver work on time and within budget. They must have proven experience in planning and executing projects.
- Management – AJFN has two part-time staff members, a Project Manager, and a team of 25 volunteers, therefore the CEO must have experience building a strong team culture and managing staff, external agencies and volunteers.
People for Purpose have been appointed to recruit for this role. You can find the Position Description on the People for Purpose website under Executive Search. For a confidential discussion or if you have any questions, please contact Grace Atkinson on 0400 756 566 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
About the organisation
The Australian Jewish Fertility Network (AJFN) believes that no Australian Jewish couple should ever feel alone on their fertility journey. They believe that these couples deserve to have the support they need to try to build the next generation. The AJFN is a beacon of hope, offering financial and emotional support and encouraging open and honest conversations about infertility within the Jewish community and beyond.
How to apply
To apply, you must submit a CV that includes your LinkedIn profile, as well as a covering letter addressing your interest and ability to represent the Australian Jewish Fertility Network as their CEO.
You also need to answer the following questions (maximum 300 words per question):
- Why is ensuring that no Jewish couple ever feels alone on their fertility journey meaningful to you?
- Describe a time you took or were given leadership of a project, organisation, or initiative - what was the situation, what role did you play, what was the result?
Applications close midnight on Tuesday, 8 June
Please quote in application: Chief Executive Officer: Australian Jewish Fertility Network via Pro Bono Australia.