About the role
Use your digital marketing skills to make a real difference for Australia’s oceans. This is an exciting role if you are passionate about crafting high impact fundraising campaigns that will inspire people to save Australia’s oceans. We are seeking a digital superstar to fill this exciting new role focused on the care and retention of our donors and driving the digital journey of our individual giving fundraising programs.
The Australian Marine Conservation Society (AMCS) has been defending Australia’s oceans and marine life for 50 years. AMCS is one of Australia’s most influential environmental charities. We advocate for change to safeguard our oceans and the wellbeing of all life on our blue planet.
With environmental issues – our oceans and climate change are top of the Australian community mindset, now is a great time to join the marine conservation movement and make real and lasting change for our big blue backyard.
Position Title: Digital Fundraising Officer
Location: AMCS National Office, Brisbane
Salary: $60,000 – $70,000 per annum plus Superannuation contributions of 11%.
Hours: Full-time (38 hours per week). Part-time 4 days (30.4 hours/week) may be considered for exceptional candidates.
Contract period: Two-year contract with a view to extension.
Purpose of the Position:
The Digital Fundraising Officer plays a critical role in engaging and motivating AMCS donors to fund our critical work taking action on the big issues facing our oceans.
In this role you will execute our digital appeal and donor care fundraising programs. You will support all digital elements of our core fundraising work, and work closely with our digital acquisition program to grow and maintain our digital fundraising program. You will be responsible for nurturing our list of supporters and raising funds through our email list, website, digital platforms and provide digital support to our fundraising programs.
You will deliver highly motivating email campaigns, develop creative and effective online fundraising actions, and manage digital supporter engagement and nurture programs.
Your background and mixed skills in marketing or fundraising and digital channels will help you to analyse the effectiveness of our digital programs, to continually optimise and deliver highly impactful appeal and acquisition programs that grow with the market.
The position reports to the Fundraising Manager and works alongside the Digital Fundraising Officer (Acquisitions) and the Fundraising Team.
Primary Tasks and Responsibilities:
Copywriting & Content Production
- Provide copywriting for digital fundraising programs, delivering high impact emails that motivate supporters to donate.
- Create digital content production including web assets, graphics or video production to drive engagement for AMCS fundraising programs.
Email and Digital Marketing
- Develop and deliver donor retention, engagement and nurture programs to ensure AMCS donors stay engaged and active supporters of our critical work, and grow and maintain the AMCS donor supporter base.
- Develop and manage digital campaigns and marketing for fundraising programs including appeals, emergency response appeals, virtual gifts and donor care and provide digital support for regular giving and bequests programs.
- Report and analyse the effectiveness of digital appeal, donor care and retention suites and design tests to deliver optimisation.
- Conduct ongoing assessment and optimisation of fundraising digital assets and user experience to increase impact, donor conversion and fundraising revenue.
- Design marketing automation workflows for donor conversion, cultivation and engagement.
- Regularly undertake reporting and analytics to monitor and drive ongoing improvement across fundraising digital assets.
Fundraising Digital Support
- Work closely with the Digital Fundraising Officer (Acquisitions) to cultivate and acquire first gifts.
- Support the fundraising team in delivering digital components of omni channel fundraising campaigns.
Essential Selection Criteria
- A minimum of two years’ experience in fundraising, communications or marketing in a similar role at a not-for-profit, campaigning or community-based organisation.
- Excellent written communication skills, with the ability to write compelling content that turns complex information into clear and motivating copy.
- Demonstrated experience in content production, such as image editing and design and simple video editing.
- Experience using Campaign Monitor or other mass supporter emailing systems (such as Mailchimp), including digital analytics and reporting.
- High attention to detail with excellent organisation, time management and project management skills.
- Commitment to achieving positive change for our oceans.
Desirable Selection Criteria
- Demonstrated experience or understanding of fundraising practices and the nuances of fundraising copywriting.
- Working knowledge of optimisation techniques to deliver the best digital user experiences.
- Experience using Salesforce (or other Customer Relationship Management systems)
- Experience using WordPress (or other website builders)
About the organisation
The Australian Marine Conservation Society is the voice for Australia's oceans. We are an independent not-for-profit charity. We deal with the big issues concerning the sea, working with the community to protect our marine wildlife, tackling major threats to our oceans and creating marine sanctuaries, places in the sea where sea life is safe from harm. Across our campaigns we tackle climate change - the biggest existential threat to our ocean planet, with our Great Barrier Reef at the fire front. We are a committed group of professional and passionate scientists, educators and advocates who have defended Australia's oceans for over 50 years.
- Integrity. We are trusted, credible, independent and ethical in our actions.
- Courage. We are brave, respectful and honest advocates for marine life.
- Passion. We demonstrate commitment to and care for our oceans in all we do.
- Solidarity. We work together, embracing equity, diversity and inclusivity.
- Effectiveness. We are driven, professional, agile and resilient, working to deliver the best outcomes for Australia’s people and wildlife.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Digital Fundraising Officer via Pro Bono Australia.