About the role
The Fundraising and Event Coordinator is responsible for delivering effective fundraising activities and successful events that align with Down Syndrome Queensland’s strategic goals.
The main responsibilities of the role are to:
• Identify and implement new event and fundraising opportunities in line with Down Syndrome Queensland’s objectives and operational capability.
• Effectively coordinate each event, safely, within budget and to achieve the stated purpose.
• Identify and implement further fundraising opportunities such as corporate sponsors, increased donations, etc
• Develop and promote support for events to be run in regional locations.
• Develop and promote Fundraising Kits for members to fundraise effectively and efficiently
The role is part time, 2 days per week and for an initial fixed term of 12 months.
About the organisation
Down Syndrome Queensland was established in 1976. Staffed by a small, dynamic team of full-time and part-time staff, our Mission is to build community awareness and to support, advocate for and empower people with Down syndrome in order for them to take their rightful place as valuable and contributing members of their local and global communities.
Our services include supporting new and prospective parents, assisting educators and families with all educational matters and providing information about work and recreation opportunities that are available to young people and adults in their local community. We connect families with resources and services, and can also assist with sourcing supports that allow the person to pursue meaningful work and recreational pathways throughout their life. We have a commitment to research and the development of programs and resources to assist people with Down syndrome.
How to apply
To apply please submit your resume and a cover letter outlining why you believe you are suited for the role.
Applications close 5pm Friday 18 June 2021.
Please quote in application: Fundraising and Events Co-ordinator – Part Time via Pro Bono Australia.