About the role
As part of the delivery of the new strategic plan, the HHNF Board requires support from a new Independent Non-Executive Director to make meaningful change to the lives of children and families in primary schools in Queensland. The role will require:
- Attendance at monthly board meetings (in person at Caloundra QLD or via zoom) including reading board papers and contributing to strategic and Governance discussions.
- Assisting the HHNF Board to deliver on the strategic plan for FY22-FY26 in a hands-on capacity.
- Liaising with external third-party vendors, suppliers and strategic partners.
As the HHNF Board expands to broader charitable objects, the following skills (or mixture of skills) are desired:
- Experience in managing finances
- Experience with company secretarial duties
- Childcare experience.
- Experience in primary schools.
- Experience in delivering programs to children and/or families with particular reference to food and mental health/wellbeing.
- Experience in fundraising and grants.
Applicants must be based in Australia and preferable based in Queensland where the current charitable activities occur.
Qualifications and skills required
As HHNF provides OSHC services, the successful applicant will be required to pass a fitness and propriety check with the Queensland Department of Education.
The successful applicant will also require a Working with Children Check in QLD and Criminal History Check.
As HHNF is a charity we are looking for volunteers, however a small Director’s fee may be payable based on experienced and time involved with HHNF.
About the organisation
Helping Hands Network Foundation Ltd (HHNF) has been operating for nearly 10 years.
In this time, the Charity has provided care to tens of thousands of Queensland children through Outside of School Hours Care (OSHC) services. HHNF believes it has changed the lives of many of these children and seeks to broaden its purpose to focus on children and families in need.
Through a new strategic plan for FY22-FY26, the principal purpose will now be wider than OSHC; advancing education and social or public welfare through supporting children and families in schools.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Independent Non-Executive Director via Pro Bono Australia.