About the role
A non-executive Board Member is a member of an organisation’s board who is not part of the Boards executive team. Board members do not engage in the day-to-day management of the organisation but are involved in governance and oversight of policy and direction.
As a Board, there is the expectation to work collaboratively with the CEO providing visionary and strategic leadership to the MAF Australia group. The following responsibilities are therefore incorporated.
- Ensuring a high level of organisational accountability and transparency to all stakeholders.
- Being a model with MAF values, principles, and leading practices.
• Seeking Godly wisdom for MAF and its mission.
• Collaborating with the CEO to develop the brand of MAF across Australia.
• Creating and reviewing governance policy as well as overseeing and monitoring the implementation of approved management policies and associated procedures.
• Maintaining an active interest in matters impacting MAF services.
• Bringing relevant knowledge and prayerful consideration to all matters.
• Acting in accordance with Australian law and the Constitutions.
• Enabling the CEO to be the operational leader of the organisation, being the only employee on the Board.
• Ensuring the highest standards of ethical behaviour and corporate accountability.
• Promoting and supporting the work of MAF among the wider Christian community.
• Acting as a sounding board for matters on which the CEO seeks the advice and wisdom of Board
About the organisation
Mission Aviation Fellowship (MAF) is a Christian organisation that provides aviation services for people living in remote areas around the world.
For over 75 years, MAF has been serving isolated people by using aircraft to bring in the essentials of life as well as medical care, emergency food, and Christian hope.
Our purpose is to deliver practical and spiritual care to people in places of deepest human need. Every five minutes, a MAF plane takes off or lands somewhere in the world. These flights enable crucial work by many aid and development agencies, missions, local churches and other national groups.
MAF is serving the Church and communities in remote areas where flying is not a luxury, but a lifeline.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Non-Executive Board Member (voluntary position) via Pro Bono Australia.