About the role
- Develop and deliver the strategy to increase ANAM’s mid-level donors ($10K-$75K) and size of gifts while simultaneously nurturing relationships with our existing donors at this level.
- Develop and deliver ANAM’s EOFY campaign (mail and online) and major fundraising events including Gala dinner
- Produce (write, oversee design/production/distribution) ANAM’s major fundraising collateral including our Case for Support, brochures, Donor Impact Newsletter, and Alumni Map all of which tell the story of ANAM and demonstrate the value and outcome of our work.
- Identify possible corporate partners for ANAM, seek to engage their support and investment (with Deputy General Manager). Ongoing management of these relationships
- Conduct donor research and analysis: externally to understand trends in giving; in our Tessitura database to track the effectiveness of our fundraising activities; and further afield to identify new sources of fundraising revenue and new donors to approach
- Develop a strategy to better understand/engage dormant donors
- Contribute to Development strategy and Capital Fundraising campaign
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Experience and a demonstrated track record of success as a fundraiser managing a portfolio of donors and engaging potential donors
- Sophisticated written and verbal communication skills: confidence on the phone and experience putting together fundraising collateral like cases for support, donor proposals, aquittals, and newsletters
- Experience putting together fundraising campaigns and appeals using mail, phone and online solicitation, web and print promotion
- Current working knowledge of Tessitura (or similar CRM database like Salesforce) with a demonstrated willingness to learn, explore and adopt new technologies
- The ability to work autonomously (great organisational skills) as well as experience working as part of a small close team
- Capacity to attend events after hours and occasionally travel interstate
- An understanding of the arts landscape in Australia, classical music and ANAM’s role in this landscape. The ability to talk to people who also love music and want to support young people in the arts
- An inquisitive positive mindset, the ability undertake donor research and explore leads, to connect with people, reach out to potential donors, and create a welcoming and warm point of contact for people interested in ANAM
- A friendly, flexible and positive approach to work and a love of being part of an admin team that pulls together to support one another and achieve a shared goal
About the organisation
“ANAM is an extraordinary institution: intense, demanding, challenging and immensely rewarding to be involved with. The musicians are totally engaged and committed.” – Simone Young AM, Conductor
The Australian National Academy of Music (ANAM) is dedicated to training the most exceptional young classical musicians from Australia and New Zealand. It is the only professional performance training institute of its kind in Australia, and one of few in the world.
ANAM musicians fly between the stage and the studio; performing in over 180 events each year and receiving more than 60 hours of one-on-one training and hundreds of hours of coaching from an esteemed Faculty and impressive list of national and international guest artists. From taking meditation classes, singing Bach chorales, laying down a concerto, or building a buzz around their forthcoming gig, to learning how to work a scale, work a fugue, work a room, or work towards securing a vibrant future for classical music. They find themselves sitting cross-legged on the floor with a class of local third graders one day, to performing with the world’s finest artists on stages all across the country the next.
With an outstanding track record of success, ANAM alumni work in orchestras and chamber ensembles around the world, performing as soloists, contributing to educating the next generation of musicians, and winning major national and international awards.
ANAM aims to inspire these future music leaders and encourages audiences to share the experience
How to apply
Enquiries and applications to Charlotte Cassidy, People and Culture Manager
Further information about ANAM available at anam.com.au
Please send applications as a single PDF. Only applications that address the Essential Selection Criteria will be considered. Please also include a cover letter introducing yourself and telling us why you are suitable for this role, plus a brief CV with the details of three referees. Referees will not be contacted without prior notice. Applications submitted automatically via ArtsHub will not be accepted.
Position advertised Thursday 10 June 2021
Closing date for applications Sunday 27 June 2021
Please quote in application: Senior Development Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.