About the role
The Data Analyst works to gather, analyse and communicate information that supports effective decision making by managers and employees. In addition, this role contributes to improving the currency, accuracy and decision-making value of information assets within Compassion Australia.
You will be responsible for:
- Provide automated standard reporting including high level summaries on results across all ministry programs, campaigns and appeals in order to inform Executive and Management Teams
- Analyse in-house database schema and its complexities, CRM data model and wider ministry systems to engage in data delivery and analysis
- Assist in the development of the ministry intelligence platform through increased functionality of new dimensions, measures and the visualisation of data to support automated reporting
- Evaluate effectiveness of existing data and systems, and develop new systems to improve workflow, quality and/or timeliness where appropriate
- Work independently, with multiple cross-functional project teams and business units to redesign complex business processes through the application of ministry information gained through analysis
- Provide operational support in the form of report trouble shooting, database extractions, generation of lists and one-off ad-hoc reports (including campaign analysis, ROI, retention and cancellation analysis, etc), user support and report maintenance activities
- Where required, provide expert consultancy within the various cross functional teams on a variety of topical / strategic items (e.g. supporter lifecycle, CRM business rule development, predictive modelling and forecasting)
You will bring the following experience & skills:
- Technical skills for writing intermediate to expert SQL for Microsoft SQL Server and building cubes using Microsoft Business Intelligence Development Studio (including understanding of MDX)
- Technical skills for using reporting tools such as Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services, Crystal Reports or Cognos
- Able to discuss problems, analyse and formulate solutions with a range of technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Work autonomously and also participate effectively in a team environment.
- Advanced competency with Microsoft Excel
- Understanding of dashboards and performance reporting methodologies
- Understanding of relational and multi-dimensional databases
- Substantial experience with data extraction
- Strong experience in business information analysis and statistical data modeling using various databases and reporting tools
- Demonstrated experience applying knowledge gained through analysis to solving business and process problems
The successful candidate will be strongly aligned to the values of this leading Christian not-for-profit organisation and be looking for a role where you can use your exceptional talent to make a difference. This is a unique opportunity to use your skills and experience to help release children from poverty. This role will offer flexible working arrangements, such as 9-day fortnight, or a monthly RDO and great salary packaging opportunities to maximise your take-home pay.
If you would like to be considered for this position, please review the application pack and submit your application by clicking “Apply Now”.
Applications close on Thursday 29th July 2021.
If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact our People and Culture Team via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: Data Analyst via Pro Bono Australia.