About the role
ABOUT THE POSITION
As Critical Stages Touring’s Development Manager, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining philanthropic partnerships, driving new strategic corporate partnerships, as well as steering the organisation’s Individual Giving Program. You will work with the Board and the CEO to identify new opportunities, whilst maintaining key stakeholder relationships, to build resources for Critical Stages Touring’s activities. This new part-time (0.4FTE) role will be central in driving increased support for the organisation’s ambitious artistic program.
- Secure financial support for Critical Stages Touring from private sources including individual donors, corporate partners, Trusts and Foundations.
- Plan and collaborate with the Board, CEO and Marketing & Audience Engagement Manager to deliver all fundraising campaigns, donor engagement and communications, including prospect tracking, collateral development, donor communications, events, administration and financial reporting.
- Prepare and implement a strategy to secure annual funding to set targets.
- Prepare sales and donor communications that are appropriately written and develop awareness of Critical Stages Touring’s programs.
- Maintain and cultivate existing stakeholders especially private donors and philanthropic partners.
- Support the CEO with government stakeholder relationships including local, state and federal government funding opportunities.
- Maintain regular communications with stakeholders including meeting all reporting requirements and record-keeping.
- Demonstrated experience in securing philanthropic and/or corporate partnerships.
- Demonstrated experience at managing a successful donor program and fundraising campaigns.
- Outstanding inter-personal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience at negotiating and delivering partnerships that are mutually beneficial.
- Experience working in a not-for-profit organisation.
- Experience in database management.
- High-level experience in and/or understanding of the Australian arts sector.
About the organisation
ABOUT CRITICAL STAGES TOURING
Critical Stages Touring is Australia’s national touring theatre company, with a passion for discovering and developing outstanding independent theatre for audiences everywhere. We create outstanding live performing arts experiences that can travel, connecting these with diverse regional communities, and fostering a sustainable and diverse national independent theatre sector. The company has been supporting artists and audiences around Australia since 2005, extending the life of great independent theatre productions through touring and audience development. Over that time, we have partnered with a strong and ambitious pool of independent artists and earned a reputation for excellent service with presenters.
Through touring to an ever-expanding network of locations in regional, remote and rural Australia, and now also throughout New Zealand, we ensure that audiences can experience diverse & innovative professional live performance wherever they live. With the launch of our digital theatre platform, the CST Screening Room, we can now bring these same outstanding artists and shows into the homes and devices of audiences anywhere.
Our work was recognised by the Australia Council, with the company one of only four nationally to be awarded National Touring Status from 2018-2021. We were awarded the highly prestigious Touring Legend Drover's Award by Performing Arts Connections (PAC) Australia in 2019. The company’s office is based at The Arts Exchange in The Rocks in Sydney, led by CEO & Director Chris Bendall and a national Board of Directors.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Development Manager via Pro Bono Australia.