About the role
We are Achieve Australia!
- Permanent, full-time role ( 38hrs per week)
- Pay info: up to 115K per annum plus salary packaging and super
- Base location: Guilford
- Exciting opportunity to lead the provision of quality support services for our clients and their families in Guilford.
The Guilford cluster has 4 site services with up to 20 clients living in their own apartm ent-style accommodation, providing specialised supports 24/7 to ensure each client receives individualised services and supports to live independently.
The Service Manager oversees operations of the Guilford West sites providing 1:1 supervision to direct reports including a Service Coordinator, Registered Nurses and Support Workers to ensure clients receive effective person-centred supports at all times. The role will oversee the implementation of (complex) individual client plans and be the first point of contact for families/carers and other client-related stakeholders, ensuring all day to day operational management of the site.
Reporting to the General Manager, Accommodation, Operations the role will work in partnership with internal stakeholders ensuring a continuous high standard of care to our clients at all times, managing staffing including supervision, recruitment, performance management and staff development, whilst monitoring profit and loss state ments and preparing reports.
For more detailed information about the role, please refer to the Position Description.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications or equivalent (Disability, Nursing or related);
- Minimum 2 years of experience in managing cluster of services and people within the disability sector or similar organisation;
- Demonstrated understanding of NDIS, the principles of Active support and human rights-based approach to service delivery and experience managing multi-site accommodation service;
- Ability to transform the performance and culture in the workplace, with a commitment to client outcomes and a positive employee experience;
- Proficient computer literacy skills and advanced interpersonal communication skills including negotiation and the preparation of written and verbal reports; and
- Ability to understand business and financial drivers of a disability service and apply them to a supported independent living model;
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills with internal and external stakeholders;
- Current NSW Drivers’ License, Working with Children Check and NDISWC;
Our benefits – Our employees are the champions of an inclusive world and in return we offer:
- Working as part of a team that makes a difference in people’s lives
- Access to Employee Assistance and Fitness Passport programs
- Salary packaging benefits are exclusive for the Not for Profit sector;
- Supportive, friendly team environment and culture
- Job satisfaction working as part of a team making a difference in people’s lives
If you have questions about this role, please direct enquiries
Pre-employment checks: Achieve Australia is committed to implementing safer recruitment practices. This means we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the people we support and staff are expected to share this commitment. As a result, your application may be subject to a number of pre-employment checks; including reference checks, a Police check, Working with Children check, Right to work in Australia check and the NDISWC. Please note criminal history does not immediately affect employment opportunities. Applications will be assessed on merit.
About the organisation
Achieve Australia has been providing services to people with disability since the 1950s. Today, we are a registered NDIS provider offering accommodation, community participation, supported employment and support coordination services in the Greater Sydney and in Northern Rivers regions in NSW. We are driven by our Passion, Purpose and Principles:
· Our Passion is social inclusion for people with disability.
· Our Purpose is to build extraordinary lives, supporting people with disability to be well, have a home, choose a career, learn new skills, participate in their community and enjoy a full life.
· We live by our Principles of inclusiveness, stewardship, extraordinary outcomes and ethical practices.
How to apply
To register your interest apply online, please provide an updated resume and answer application questions.
If this sounds like you and you want to make a difference in people’s lives, APPLY NOW!
We have a Covid-19 Safety Plan in place including policies and procedures to support our clients and our workforce. The Covid-19 Management Committee meets regularly to ensure our responses continue to be proactive and comprehensive, ensuring the safety of stakeholders at all times.
Please quote in application: Disability Service Manager – Guilford via Pro Bono Australia.